cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been given an iPhone 5c by a family member and need it unlocked so I can insert my sim. This is proving difficult as my provider is unable to do it so I went to an o2 shop who couldn't do it either. Please advise so that I can get this done quickly

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Was it an O2 phone originally? If so use this guide https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1014131

If it didnt come from O2 then the network provider it's linked to will have to provide the unlock code

Edited to add. It may already be unlocked. Have you tried a different sim in it?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Was it an O2 phone originally? If so use this guide https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1014131

If it didnt come from O2 then the network provider it's linked to will have to provide the unlock code

Edited to add. It may already be unlocked. Have you tried a different sim in it?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It doesn’t sound like you have an o2 phone so if the original network can’t help you need to ask on your local market stall.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3