cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock iPhone 7 plus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe someday know why O2 don't like to unlock iPhones 7 plus ?
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can follow this here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
but only when there is sufficient supply of phones to protect genuine customers (o2's words).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can follow this here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
but only when there is sufficient supply of phones to protect genuine customers (o2's words).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It's because they like to keep all iPhone customers with O2....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cleoriff but you can unlock iPhone 7 in O2 but some reason you couldn't unlock 7 plus !!
I'm not living O2 but sometimes abroad I'm using second sim and finally O2 didn't tell me there will be problem with unlocking my new iPhone plus
Now I'm need 2 phones....
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
MI 5
SorryvMI5 but this is not true : If you have a monthly contract it is free to get your phone unlocked......
Correct is :
. If you've got an iPhone 7 Plus, you won't be able to get it unlocked unless you've paid off your Device Plan in full.

But why ???
Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's the rules that o2 have set.
The process I gave you is correct but not until o2 allow the 7+ to be done.
Not our decision and we can't help any further with it other than to tell you to pay up or wait.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Ps. If you read the link I gave you it does state that new iPhones are an exception - so it is true wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I got my iPhone 7 Plus unlocked 7days after purchase and was unlocked using BT Sim Card, as the screenshot shows.. 

Handset was purchased from o2 Shop Crystal Peaks. 

I did this all via the App.

iPhone 7Plus Unlocked.png.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
TBH your screenshot proves nothing more than that it's an iPhone with a bt sim in it.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
Good to see you read what I said @MI5...

iPhone 7 pluses can be unlocked by o2, as mine is, suppose it depends how good a customer you are to o2!!

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 10 of 11