cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock iPhone 6s

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! I'm very confused about how to get my iPhone 6s unlocked. I'm on a monthly plan for 24 month and I've been told I can get my phone unlocked anytime for free. But I have already requested 3 times once over the phone by calling 202, once through my o2 and then with live chat but still nothing even though they've told me I don't need to do anything more and to leave it with them and wait for email. I've move from T-mobile after been with them for 8 years for this same reason of been messed around, I see it's the same here uninformed customer service that don't know what they're saying or advising. Looks like will be leaving soon. Anyway would really appreciate if anyone has any advice. Thanks
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone for replying. I've still got the screenshots of the live chat, it shows clearly what i was advised. Anyway really appreciate all your advice. Seem you guys better informed then a lot of customer service adviser glad I posted here. Just got a email today it's been sort, now I think all I need to do is connect to iTunes. Thank you all again.👍

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
O2 aren't unlocking the 6s yet. They always impose a restriction for the first 6 months or so.
We are expecting them to be released any time now so keep checking back on the forum for news.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I am not sure who would have told you it could be unlocked at anytime ? Definitely misinformation if from O2 staff.

It will be a free unlock though (once they lift the lock restriction)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

The unlock page states " This policy might vary depending on your device."

many iPhone threads about this over the last few years

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Some further help here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Just to confirm it is still  "we're sorry we can't do this for you, we've sent you an email to explain"

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yeah, someone else said the same this morning.
Keep trying wink

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone for replying. I've still got the screenshots of the live chat, it shows clearly what i was advised. Anyway really appreciate all your advice. Seem you guys better informed then a lot of customer service adviser glad I posted here. Just got a email today it's been sort, now I think all I need to do is connect to iTunes. Thank you all again.👍
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Good news. You don't need itunes, simply try a non o2 network sim (not giffgaff or Tesco).

Message 10 of 11