cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexplained large data use

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday I had around 120 mb of data left.

I was setting my new iPhone up earlier and received a text message telling me that I had used 80 percent of my allowance. At that point I checked on My O2 app and I had 45 mb remaining, this was around 3 hours ago.

I have just received another text saying that I have used all of my allowance up.

I have my iPhone 6 Plus beside me, on wifi, plugged into my computer and I'm in the process of adding my apps, music etc on to it through iTunes.

I can remember a couple of years ago I had the same thing happen, and it was just after a new iOS release!

Has anyone else had an unexplainable large data use like I have?

Message 1 of 95
94 REPLIES 94

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update:

I've decided to stop with O2.

I contacted them earlier about the deal promised the other day and it was still shown on my notes. So I pressed them for a better deal at around the £15 per month mark. But they wouldnt budge. I asked if I can have less minutes rather than the unlimited minutes but keeping the data allowance at 5 GB and dropping the price, but they wouldnt budge. I asked if I could have less minutes but I was told that this wasnt possible, but they could reduce the data amount to 2 GB and the price would drop to £16 per month and would include unlimited calls. So I requested my PAC code to see if this would drive a different deal, but this didnt happen and I was given/sent my PAC code there and then.

I gave it 30 minutes or so and I called back and took them up on the deal they promised me the other day. Which was unlimited calls, texts, 5 GB data for £19 per month, rather than the usual price of £24.

5 GB for me is going to be as near as makes no difference to been unlimited. Plus its only £4 more per month than Three, plus the O2 tariff gives me unlimited calls too (where the Three tariff only gave 200 minutes), so I neednt worry about call amounts if I do make a lot of unexpected calls at some time or other. Plus I can remain on a network that I'm familar with, rather than one that I'm not, like what was mentioned the other day, sometimes better the devil you know wink

Message 91 of 95

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Thanks for the update and I'm glad the notes were still on the account. It seems a reasonable deal to me slight_smile

Message 92 of 95

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
At least you gave it some serious thought and weighed up all your options - Very sensible all round wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 93 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi fatboy

Good to hear you got somewhere to what you wanted. Now what to do with all that data allowance.

You could send me some. wink
Message 94 of 95

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Thanks for updating @Anonymous  You gave it your best shot and tried various times to get them to change to what you wanted... As long as you are happy now that's all that counts...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 95 of 95