cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexplained large data use

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yesterday I had around 120 mb of data left.

I was setting my new iPhone up earlier and received a text message telling me that I had used 80 percent of my allowance. At that point I checked on My O2 app and I had 45 mb remaining, this was around 3 hours ago.

I have just received another text saying that I have used all of my allowance up.

I have my iPhone 6 Plus beside me, on wifi, plugged into my computer and I'm in the process of adding my apps, music etc on to it through iTunes.

I can remember a couple of years ago I had the same thing happen, and it was just after a new iOS release!

Has anyone else had an unexplainable large data use like I have?

Message 1 of 95
94 REPLIES 94

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Yeah, I'm a tight bugger wink

Must live north of Derby LOL

Your right I do, I live in Cumbria Smiley LOL

Message 81 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Get what you can, mind you they will probably deny all knowledge of the previous offer or say it was an error and can't be done...:smileytongue:

I did ask, can the notes of the offer they have offered be put on my account, in case I decide to take them up on it. He said the notes were on my account. Whether this will be the case when I phone back up, who knows.

Message 82 of 95

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Best of luck anyway @Anonymous ...if you don't ask you don't get...

No disgrace in being canny with money....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 83 of 95

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Another thing to remember (that may help you) is that retentions might offer you a £150 credit to stay (they did for me) so if you steer the conversation towards you leaving you might get offered that as a sweetener to stay too slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 84 of 95

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Let us know as I'm interested as to just how far retentions can be pushed. Not many people stick it out to keep pushing but you are in an enviable position of being able to if the offer is indeed recorded on the notes.

Message 85 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Another thing to remember (that may help you) is that retentions might offer you a £150 credit to stay (they did for me) so if you steer the conversation towards you leaving you might get offered that as a sweetener to stay too slight_smile

I think the thing that will put me in a weaker position is that I'm currently on a Simplicity tariff which is only £11 per month. So any offers they would offer could be lesser than someone on a £40-£50 per month tariff.

But a £150 credit would be very tempting as it would pay my £19 per month bill for example for around 8 months 😉

Message 86 of 95

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
If you don't ask, you don't get wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 87 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Let us know as I'm interested as to just how far retentions can be pushed. Not many people stick it out to keep pushing but you are in an enviable position of being able to if the offer is indeed recorded on the notes.

Yeah I will do.

Not 100 percent decided on what I'll do yet though. If I'm not bothered either way, then if I can't get a suitable offer from o2, then I can always request my PAC code.

Has Three are a unknown network for me long-term, I could always go on one of their 1 month contracts. That way I could spend a bit of time on this, say 12 months for example. If during that time I'm satisfied with the coverage and the general reliability of their network. Then I could move onto their 12 month tariffs and save a few pounds per month.

And also I could  have an o2 pay and go SIM lying around for the odd time I'm somewhere remote like the Lake District where by going off Three's coverage map, their coverage isn't good in some of the places I visit. Whereas with O2, I know they have coverage albeit weak, but that's pretty much the same story on any of the networks.

Leave my options open for the time been.

Message 88 of 95

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Hmn last time I was in the lake district I had next to useless coverage on O2, maybe they've improved over the last 12 months?

Message 89 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Hmn last time I was in the lake district I had next to useless coverage on O2, maybe they've improved over the last 12 months?

There's parts of the Lake District I visit that's like that, but there is some places where I visit that I wouldnt expect to get coverage that I do get it.

But to be fair, The Lake District is very patchy for coverage for pretty much all the networks. The mobile networks have an uphill battle in places like this, not just with the terrain but also for planning permission for masts with it been a National Park.

Message 90 of 95