cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text notification blocked for one contact only - showing on iPad but not iPhone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, hoping someone from the community can help. O2 guru didn't really offer a practical solution (sounded a bit like the classic 'switch it off then on again'...).

I have notifications enabled on my iPhone 6, and whenever someone texts, sure enough, I get a notification. The one person whose texts don't raise a notification is...my wife. 

Before you ask, I've not blocked her, as the texts still come through. It's just the notifications that don't show.

However, they do show up on my iPad.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Solved it with another thread I found online - I'd accidentally (I think!) set our text conversation to do not disturb. Once I flicked that off, I started getting notifications. Thanks for your help though!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I can't think of anything obvious as notifications are set globally, I think.
Have you tried just deleting her contact card and starting again?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Solved it with another thread I found online - I'd accidentally (I think!) set our text conversation to do not disturb. Once I flicked that off, I started getting notifications. Thanks for your help though!

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Ah, well done and thanks for letting us know.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4