Did you mean: 

Sim only contract

Hodgetts
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Ive just switched over to a SIM only deal of £28.00 per month, with the first 6 months at half price so £14.00 a month, however ive just received this months bill and its £31.93? Can you explain what is going on please? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Hodgetts It's probably what was left on old contract. It takes a few days to catch up. You will actually see the amendment in your Bill breakdown. I am the same.....and they only do debit your account for the amount promised at contract start....Have a look properly in My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We can't advise on the details here @Hodgetts but your MyO2 should give you a breakdown of charges http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
If it looks wrong you need to question it by calling CS on 202 from your mobile, but you may find you have charges for calls and texts outside of your allowances.
The first months bill will always be slightly higher too, but not by the amount you are seeing.
http://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/first-bill
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@HodgettsThis is where it's shown in bolt ons

My Bolt on.PNG

Then when you look at the full bill breakdown it should show as an amendment of the 50% offered

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It does show for me as a free bolt on so check there first. As said you can query it with customer service who will go over the bill with you if you still aren't sure. It's rare that O2 make billing errors to be honest.

Message 5 of 7

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Sounds very muck like your old contracted bill. or maybe possible that ITs pro rata but seems very high to be this. Take it 14.00 +vat   £16.80  which would be a full month nearly of tarriff on pro bases. Or may be out of contract use.

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 6 of 7

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Hodgetts

Did you manage to find out what was cousing the higher than expected bill? 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 7 of 7