cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talktalk email on iphone 5s

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if anyone can help.

I have an iphone 5s which I've had for a while now and use 2 email accounts on it, talktalk and bt internet.

Both those accounts have been sending and receiving emails quite happily for years.  the other week there was a message saying carrier settings have changed would you like to update?  I stupidly said yes.  Since then, while my talktalk account will happily receive emails and wont send and states that my username or password is incorrect I never changed any settings) and the account works fine on my PC.  The BT internet one is fine and nothing’s changed.

I tried talking to one on the 'Gurus' on the o2 the chat who advised me to delete the account and re-add it.  When I asked if this would delete my emails I already had they said 'no don't worry'.  Again I let stupidity take the lead and did as asked and let them guide me through the process.  Guess what.  I've no emails and still can't send, they then tried to pass the buck and blame talktalk.

Has anyone got any ideas as to how I can get this email account working again?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

tbh, I would have suggested the same. All your emails would still be on the talktalk server, so nothing should be lost forever and once you get your account working again on your phone they will all replicate again.
Anyway, moving on, the carrier update should not affect anything at all. Do you have the problem on both wifi and mobile data?
When you set your email up choose the manual option and enter the following settings.......
POP / IMAP = imap
Incoming server = mail.talktalk.net
Incoming port = 143
SSl (security) incoming = none
Outgoing server = smtp.talk.net
Outgoing port = 587
SSL (security) outgoing = none
Requires sign-in = yes

You will also need your email address and password in both the incoming and outgoing settings pages.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous how are you getting on with this issue? Are your e-mails working now? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3