Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superb Apple service

MarkTadley
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 125 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

If only all service could be as good as the Apple service I got this week Smiley Very Happy

I bought my iP6+ just over 2 months ago and was told, initially, the Applecare+ was 60days. Towards the end of the 60days I checked in my local store as I bought hte iP6+ at a different Apple store and I was told, nope, it is 90days to which to decide on buying Applecare+.

I left it towards the 90days and then was told by Apple when I phoned them to buy it, that it is 60days and so I missed out slight_frown

2 minutes later though and much to my suprise, I was put through to my local store and spoke to the manager. He agreed I was given wrong information and said that I must call into the store soon.

I did and.............. they exchanged my iP6+ for a brand new one and I was able to buy the Applecare+ there and then. He even let me have all the charger, cable and headphones Surprised

This is what I call proper service to sort it out and wish everyone was the same.

Fantastic Well done Apple Bouncy

Tu Go = v2.5.0.431 permanently Turned OFF
128gb iPhone 6+ Slate Grey on O2 Network
No signal or 1bar 2G reception in rural location with O2
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I must admit, not really being an apple fan, that the customer service is rather good on most of the occasions that I have witnessed.  They do tend to "hold your hand" a bit more than Samsung do.

But then I don't really want anyone holding my hand Smiley Mad

As with most dealings with shop staff or call centres, you reap what you sew.  If you start off with a smile, and be nice to them, you'll usually get better service.

Message 11 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 123306 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

There is no doubt Apple have an excellent reputation for after care. One of my sons has an iPhone and he can't fault them. His problem is distance to get there...

Birmingham is the nearest to him.....so a real trek....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
My nearest was at MeadowHall which was a 1.5 hour train journey each way but worth the time.

Now I'm fortunate to have one in the Leeds Trinity Centre. 😄
Message 13 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
The only issue I had with Sammy was when I had issues with my S4 and it needed to go to repairs I had choice of o2 repairs or Sammy. Following advice on here I rang Sammy. Their nearest point was 2 hours away but they offered to collect it and return it by parcel courier.

Downside was it would take 2 to 3 weeks and no temporary replacement.

Last time I had to sort out, (somebody else's), iPhone, I was in remote Brasil.  The nearest Apple service centre was 2 hours away...  In an A330 Shocked

Message 14 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144878 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@MI5 how many Samsung Experience stores are there in the country

As mentioned earlier by @Anonymous some are linked to CPW but you can check your nearest one here http://www.samsung.com/uk/retail/retail.html

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
@MI5 @Anonymous info collated, thanks for sharing
Message 16 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes sounds great on the surface, however, a basic i phone 6 costs around 175 - 200 Us dollars to mass manufacture in china. Retails for over £500 in the uk or $649 payg. You are paying heavily for this great service. samsung galaxy costs over $50 more to manufacture than an i phone and yet is significantly cheaper to purchase £449 payg before o2 sale.
Message 17 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
In some respects true but you have all the research and development, the first class back up and support, the transportation costs, taxes, profits.

Don't misunderstand me, I can't stand Apple but to prove a point you have to include all the facts @Anonymous
Message 18 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Then of course the are costs incurred for all the Apple stores, repairs centres cos things do go wrong, marketing budgets, let's not forget legal costs, sales teams, regulation which is different in each country.

Suddenly you realise there is more to making that phone than you realise.

But i still wouldn't buy one.
Message 19 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 123306 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Then of course the are costs incurred for all the Apple stores, repairs centres cos things do go wrong, marketing budgets, let's not forget legal costs, sales teams, regulation which is different in each country.

Suddenly you realise there is more to making that phone than you realise.

But i still wouldn't buy one.

And certainly not after watching that Panorama programme. I know we talk about costs to make the phone...but that was a real eye opener and the way they abused their workforce was diabolical. Apples costs must have been rock bottom (workforce related) slight_frown

Oh...and lets not forget the obscene amount they paid U2 for that rubbish they forced onto every iPhone user...wanted or not...Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 27