cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up replacement iPhone with ease...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lost iPhone few weeks ago.

Currently operating on a temp device, (not a smart phone).

I haven't input any of my contacts as the process seems to take to long on the non-smart phone device.

The new replacement iPhone is due to arrive soon, (insurance claimed).

I was just going to set up using iCloud, can I expect that all my text convos, contacts, etc., will appear on the new device the same as things were when the original iPhone was lost? 

Any other tips to make sure it's functioning upon being received? I've heard others mention that have had trouble with signal and othe rmisc. issues.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Just log in with your apple ID and select the option to restore from your back up rather than set up as new.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Just log in with your apple ID and select the option to restore from your back up rather than set up as new.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2