cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

In last year in June I bought iPhone 5-pay monthly. In last week my Phone turn off and I couldn't turn on him. Battery was low and I couldn't charge this battery. I went to O2 shop and lady checked this phone she tryed to turn it but she couldn't and she said so probably problem is with this button whitch we use to start phone. She sent my phone to repair service. Today I went to shop and ask about my phone and one men from staff checked and said so I need to pay 230 pounds because screen is broken and they need to change him. I want to ask how it is possible to my screen is now broken!!!  I am very angry because I am without phone whitch I need to work,  I need pay monthly for this phone one and half year yet  I lost my minutes,  messages. In my opinion this is not fair! I feel scammed.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Was the screen damaged when you sent it for repair?

did you take photos of the phones condition before handing it over?

you normally have to pay for screen damaged but not nearly £230. 

Id ask o2 for your phone back & take it to Apple 

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

If you search this forum for issues with o2's repair service you will find many such complaints of falsely reported issues.

I suggest you ask them to return the phone unrepaired and inspect it yourself - you also have the evidence of the shop assistant to support you that the screen was not broken when sent, so it's either not broken or damaged by o2.

If it comes back not broken and the phone is in warranty I suggest you take it to an Apple store to be fixed and also raise a complaint with o2 about their repair service.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Apple warranty check https://checkcoverage.apple.com/gb/en/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also download the Apple support app which will tell you if your device is still covered under Apples 12 month policy 

Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If it was bought last June then it would be still covered by warranty? As said...get it back and send it to Apple. Doubt i would send any phone of mine to Anova at any time!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If a new phone yes, but as it's a 5, unsure if brand new or a refurb off o2 - if so, Apple won't be interested.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
If a new phone yes, but as it's a 5, unsure if brand new or a refurb off o2 - if so, Apple won't be interested.

Yeah never thought of that. Good point.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Easy enough to check on the link I gave above though and should certainly speak to Apple if still covered.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last resort Is a new phone at a cost to the op

Message 9 of 9