cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay and Go SIM activation / Iphone 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have a Iphone 4 which is locked to O2 UK. Therefore I bought a Pay and Go Sim Card on eBay to be able to use the Iphone. But when I open up Itunes for activation it shows that the sim is not supported. On my Iphone i have only the grey screen with the Iphone cable on it.

Now is assume that there is a problem with the sim card, because I didn't top it up with the minimum amount to get the Sim Card activated. 

So is this a problem for Itunes and the Iphone activation, when the Sim Card is not activated yet?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

So are you sure that I have to top-up first that it works in my Iphone?

Yes I am sure. The SIM will not be activated until you top up.

ps. Some phones might show a signal but the SIM will still not work.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

did you get a micro sim for the iPhone 4

Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions
You must top up for the SIM to work.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, thank you for the fast answers. Yes it is a micro sim from O2uk.

I received it yesterday and when I tried it with my Iphone it is not even possible to get to the home screen and I have no network connection (not activated through Itunes). But when I use the O2uk-Sim in my old Nokia mobile phone I get a network connection. So are you sure that I have to top-up first that it works in my Iphone?

Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

So are you sure that I have to top-up first that it works in my Iphone?

Yes I am sure. The SIM will not be activated until you top up.

ps. Some phones might show a signal but the SIM will still not work.

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok then i will check this by topping up the sim. I hope this will work. This Problem make me stay awake yesterday all night long ... slight_smile

But I have one last question... How can I top it up, because I'm from germany and I have no uk credit card and no friends there....

Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions
You need to have a UK bank account or top in in a UK store. No way to do it from Germany with a German bank, sorry. Also the phone needs to be used on the UK O2 network in order for you to get it unlocked. The cost of this is £15 but you also need to make calls so say £20 altogether. You would need to use or send the phone to someone in the UK to be able to do this though.
Message 7 of 14

jonsie
  • 94010 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Was the phone an eBay purchase?

That was my original thought

Message 9 of 14