Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of data after 3 days?

rossmc87
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently switched my iPad to a 2GB per month data plan and in previous months I was previously using at most 200MB per month. I was billed on the 18th but for some unknown reason, I am being told today that I have used up my entire 2GB allowance in those three days and I haven't been using my iPad any differently than in previous months.

What could cause my data to be eaten up so suddenly even though I haven't been doing anything new that is data hungry?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I’d give customer service a call then so they can investigate when the data was used.
Show them your screenshots of data usage too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Your data is pro rata until your normal bill date so you haven’t used your 2gb it’s just a percentage. Your full allowances will kick in once your bill is generated.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

rossmc87
  • 9 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The 18th has always been my normal billing date for both my iPhone and iPad pay monthly contracts with the last one generated three days ago so I don't see how it would be pro rata

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Have you checked your app usage in settings?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

rossmc87
  • 9 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

According to the app usage in settings, I have used 2.5GB over a period of 7 months with the My O2 app giving me an average of 100MB per month, not including March. Looking at the indiviudal app breakdowns, I can't see anything that would suggest any one app using a spike in data

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I’d give customer service a call then so they can investigate when the data was used.
Show them your screenshots of data usage too.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @rossmc87 how did you get on with customer services? We're they able to explain what has happened with your data? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7