cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 has taken my money for my pre-order 3 times but no confirmation! PLEASE HELP!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried pre-ordering the iPhone 7 today and got to the payment screen 3 times. I was paying £25 to pay off the last of my current device plan, and then paying the upfront cost for the new phone. When it was processing the payment it gave an timeout error each time. I've checked my bank and it appears I've been charged by O2 despite not getting past the payment screen or receiving any confirmation! I've worked the amount in total and they've taken £25 once for my previous device plan, and then the upfront cost for the new phone 3 times, which is about £189 in total! I've used their live chat as I've been at work and they've said they can see the 25 been paid and the iPhone 7 being processed, but they've not said if my other money is showing, and I'm really really worried as this is taking me into my overdraft and I don't want to be charged!! Can someone please help me or reassure me as I'm really worried and stressed.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive had this happen several times (not with o2 but with other companies)

When you hit  "pay" the first thing that happens is the money on the card is reserved at the banks end... the company you are buying from then have to authorise it. At that point the money will be called for and will leave your account.

In this situation the bank has said " yes you can have the money" but o2 never completed because of the crash so they will never call for it.... it takes 2-3 for the reservation to fall of and return to your balance. Obvoiusly keep an eye on it to make sure it doesnt leave your account, but im pretty confident that thats whats happened.As i said, ive had it several times over the years .

hope that helps ( and makes sense!)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive had this happen several times (not with o2 but with other companies)

When you hit  "pay" the first thing that happens is the money on the card is reserved at the banks end... the company you are buying from then have to authorise it. At that point the money will be called for and will leave your account.

In this situation the bank has said " yes you can have the money" but o2 never completed because of the crash so they will never call for it.... it takes 2-3 for the reservation to fall of and return to your balance. Obvoiusly keep an eye on it to make sure it doesnt leave your account, but im pretty confident that thats whats happened.As i said, ive had it several times over the years .

hope that helps ( and makes sense!)

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah ok, so you think the bank could be holding the money from the other transactions then? I just want to make sure I get the money back in the next few days as it's really worrying me.

Thanks for your reply btw

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

any overpayment money will be returned in 24/72 hrs or thats what i was told so hopefully that should settle you alittle but you will probably incur OD charges so contact your bank ASAP.

I'm in a similar situation where they have taken 500 pounds but the upgrade order didn't go through i could order again but i would have to pay another 500 and i wouldn't get it by launch date.  I'm not in your postion as i can cover that money so OD isn't my concern i would consider ordering from another retailer but delivery dates are well into october/noveber and upto now i was happy overall with o2 . this saga has left me brusied though as i'm already considering other firms now o2 has let me down.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you received any sort of confirmation email or text that the order was complete?

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

no confirmation email but it was the same last year no email or confirmation until afternoon/evening and that went through ok i did check my bank and amount was debited and it says telefonica so assumed all was well. going to another oeprator would just lead to the same delay so i'm considering getting one launch day at the apple store i have done this before but that was when i was younger and a big group of us did it. Now i'm older lol that doesn't really appeal to me. Have already sent a complaint email to o2 see what they say as i said overall o2 have been good but as i upgrade every year something like this does make a difference to which company i use. 

Message 6 of 6