Did you mean: 

No data in Europe Zone

Traveler
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone,
Just arrived in Italy and find that data roaming is not working. Calls and messages working fine but no data at all. Tried to chat with support but don't get any help. Researched over internet and find that 1) 4G must be turned off 2) apn must be changed to "mobile" instead of "idata". I tried that but still no data. I use Pay as you go unlimited. I really need for data as I expected to use maps, I don't want to get lost.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Try manually searching for a different network but for PAYG you need the following apn
"payandgo.o2.co.uk"

Username = payandgo 

Password = password 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Try manually searching for a different network but for PAYG you need the following apn
"payandgo.o2.co.uk"

Username = payandgo 

Password = password 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Traveler If you have a WiFi connection you can download any maps you need, and then use them offline. No need for a data connection. See this link: https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6291838?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&hl=en

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Traveler
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Only changed apn to "payandgo.o2.co.uk" as MI5 stated above and it helps. Thanks!
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No problem and welcome to the forum wink

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5