cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM, same phone, different tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone help me with a new SIM that doesnt appear to work - should I be doing something online to activate it as it doesn't get a signal?

I'm swapping from an expensive tariff to a cheaper one (no hardware upgrade/keeping the same phone) and was told I could use it on arrival, but no joy.

I've also assumed I can just pop out the old SIM and input the new one and all contacts etc will remain(?)

Sorry to be ignorant, but greatful of any help/advice.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your tariff will change online automatically so no need to use the new sim.
They only send a blank sim out in case you need a different sized one for a different phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your tariff will change online automatically so no need to use the new sim.
They only send a blank sim out in case you need a different sized one for a different phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous How are you getting on with your SIM? Did you try MI5's advice above?

Message 3 of 3