cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network settings iPhone 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey.
This question may have been asked before but I just got an iPhone 4 and everything is working fine except for the mobile network. It doesn't seem to be any connection with the 3G since I cannot check my mail or any other things that require internet access. 
I cannot change the settings myself (Settings-general-network-etc) because there's no network "tab" to tap yourself into. Is this just a 3G problem or is there any settings that I need to download?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's quite probable that the settings are wrong. Have you tried a full restore in itunes or setting up as a new phone to see if you can get the settings menu back?

Message 2 of 5

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Try settings>general>mobile data>mobile data network check to see if APNs are correct.

Try switching 3G off and then on

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I updated my bundle to include wireless internet (3G). I turned iphone4 off and on, this did not work. I reset the network settings general-reset, this worked and connected to internet with wifi turned off, however a word if warning, I lost all my wifi connection codes and I had about 20 peoples houses/ locations where I can connect. So now I have to ask them for their ridiculously long and complicated codes all over again. There may be other settings lost, that I am not aware of yet, surely there is a way to just get the original setup text from O2 again? Maybe a call to them and they can resend it? I would try this next time.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can send a text containing the word "active" to 2020
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5