cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My o2 experience (new online customer)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am a brand new customer when I pre-ordered the iphone 6s. This post is about my experience as a new customer for only a few weeks and the reasons why you should NEVER buy a phone online  from the o2 online store

So I ordered my new iphone 6s online and came delivered on release date (Yay a new apple toy). I had it for a week and started noticing dead pixels. I immediately used the o2 Onine guru chat for a faulty replacement order via door exchange delivery. I had to swap my faulty phone for the replacement to the delivery person. The order came a week later and it was 1 day over the 14 day policy. 

This is when things get annoying. My second phone was in even worse state. The phone kept freezing and crashing at random times with a horrible green screen of death. I am a web and ios developer so i know my tech. I tried troubleshooting the hell out of it to determine if it was a hardware or software issue. Now my first phone was fine, no crashing, no freezing, it just had dead pixels and was even on ios 9.0.2.

But this second replacement phone kept crashing everytime I browse through my apps. I couldn't determine what triggers it, it was just random times. This time I tried going to a local o2 store to try and get it replaced because it just makes sense. I went there only to find out that the o2 store doesnt do online service. They refused to take my phone. 

The rep suggested I should cancel the contract I made online and buy a new phone in the store. Which I have done so because at least I can go to any o2 store and get actual REAL PEOPLE to help me and get things swapped on the spot instead of having to wait for a week for a replacement.

Now I tried asking if I can just give my faulty iphone to him in the store for them to return it back since it would be very convenient and it made sense. As a paying customer I believed this was a usual thing to do. It was common sense to believe the entire o2 services were all interconnected but it turns out they are not. If you're an online customer you will get no help at all from the stores. I was told to call o2 and cancel it myself and request a return delivery which I myself would have to package up and print details and go to the royal mail and send it back. Wouldn't it be easier just to give it in to my local o2 store?

The BIG LESSON I have learnt and I also recommend to people is to NEVER EVER buy a phone from o2 from the online store. The customer service is slow, and impersonal. If you have a faulty device, you have to wait for a week to get it replaced. If you're a store customer you can get it replaced on the spot. The guru chats are also pretty bad too.

What are the odds i'd get two faulty brand new iphone 6s. I just hope my first contract gets cancelled as quick as possible.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I can't believe I am reading this. Faulty iPhones and the problem lies with O2? Well doesn't that beat all.....This year's release of this phone appears to be fraught with faults. You only have to read other forums.  Let's put it another way. If I bought two faulty Mazda cars.....I wouldn't be blaming the garage. I would think the car manufacturer was the one responsible...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Online and in store are two separate entities.
We've discussed it before and it's not something that O2 are likely to change...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I'm not being funny but it seems to me iPhone customers* seem to place themselves above conventional customers. Maybe the service isn't always as best as it could be however life is full of occlusions and curveballs. Take that from the most impatient person I know, Me!

* Disclaimer: Not all Apple iPhone customers are like this. Evil

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Indeed, but of course, the rules are the same for everyone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a new customer to o2 so I wouldn't know.

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think any paying customer who purchases a new phone whether it be a samsung/iphone/sony etc expects their device to be working. Two faulty devices in a row would get any customer a bit disappointed

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It isn't unique to O2.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I can't believe I am reading this. Faulty iPhones and the problem lies with O2? Well doesn't that beat all.....This year's release of this phone appears to be fraught with faults. You only have to read other forums.  Let's put it another way. If I bought two faulty Mazda cars.....I wouldn't be blaming the garage. I would think the car manufacturer was the one responsible...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
The outcome would have been identical at any other network.
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I don't understand this unless o2 haven't agreed to abide by the new 30 day return policy introduced this month.

However I would be taking it to Apple, instant exchange and check the replacement instore. No faffing about with the idiots at o2!

Message 10 of 11