Did you mean: 

Mobile data not working

MariaFalconer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all

I recently had my iphone x stolen. When the new SIM arrived from 02 I put it in a borrowed iphone and discovered that the mobile data wasn't working. It would make and receive calls anywhere but no text / email / browsing when out of wifi zone. At first I thought it was just the old phone that I had borrowed, but when my new iphone x arrived it was the same. I contacted 02 and they sent me anew sim which arrived today - but to my dismay it is exacly the same.

I've turned of mobile data and rebooted several times. I've reset network settings and rebooted, but still nothing. 

Any ideas would be appreciated - I don't live anywhere near an 02 shop so am trying to avoid having to go to one.

thanks

Maria

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MariaFalconer
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

thanks I just called 02 and to my astonishment - given that this is the 3rd call I've made to them about this- they noticed that there is a bar on my number from when I reported the previous phone stolen!

Unbelivable that no-one else picked up on this!

appreciate your response!

Maria

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@MariaFalconer

Sounds like you are on the wrong data tariff.
Call customer services and ask them to put you on iData for iPhones.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

MariaFalconer
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

thanks I just called 02 and to my astonishment - given that this is the 3rd call I've made to them about this- they noticed that there is a bar on my number from when I reported the previous phone stolen!

Unbelivable that no-one else picked up on this!

appreciate your response!

Maria

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
A bar like that should have prevented calls and texts too but fingers crossed it’s sorted for you now anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93150 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Must be a new Lost/Stolen bar that isn't actually a bar but will allow the finder to make calls. Astonishing.....

Message 5 of 5