cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge Calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to activate merge calls on my iPhone. I know this has to be done via O2 customer service. I'm told this facility will cost me 8p per minute. Is this correct? To be clear merge calls is where I call one person - put them on hold - I then call a second person and merge the calls so all three people can talk simultaniously. Will I be charged for this service? 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Isn't this called conference calling?

Advice here http://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Smartphones_and_mobile_internet/How_to_set_up_a_conference_call_on_an_iPhone

Or from the Apple website https://support.apple.com/kb/TA38608?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

• Place a call.
  • From the in-call menu, tap Add Call. While you dial the second number, the first call will be placed on hold. ...
  • Once you have the other person on the line, tap Merge Calls to connect everyone.
  • Repeat steps two and three to add other people to the conference

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 25

MI5
  • 143404 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Lots of outdated links for this on o2 website @Martin-O2
Previous thread here with broken links https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-feedback/conference-call/td-p/838657 but states it’s 15ppm for everyone who dials in.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Cleoriff I believe it is. Unfortunately its a facility that in the UK has to be activated by O2 customer service. I'm trying to find out whether I will be charged 8p per minute every time I use this option once its activated by O2. 

Message 4 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

wrote:

Hi @Cleoriff I believe it is. Unfortunately its a facility that in the UK has to be activated by O2 customer service. I'm trying to find out whether I will be charged 8p per minute every time I use this option once its activated by O2. 

Then I will let @Martin-O2 (Community manager) find out the correct price for you @Anonymous

Best of luck. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 25

MI5
  • 143404 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Customer service can enable it for you but from the link above the 8p is for business users and 15p for all other accounts, per min.

Prices may now be higher though as that thread was from 2015. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks @MI5. 15p per minute to merge calls seems excessive from O2. I'll check out other service provider charges and compare. Thanks for the quick response. 

Message 7 of 25

MI5
  • 143404 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Best of luck and let us know how it compares please.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 25

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the tags @MI5@Cleoriff smiling

@Anonymous I'll speak to the team to see what I can find out for you! Please keep an eye on this thread for updates. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @Martin-O2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 25