cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the iPhone 4s.

In my monthly contract package I get 20 free MMS messages a month but when i try to send a photo to someone it fails every time. Also, when someone sends me a photo or MMS it doesn't come straight through to my phone. Instead, i get a text message saying i have to go to the O2 website, enter my phone number & the MMS password to view it. Smiley Frustrated

I've always been able to send & receive MMS messages before but all of a sudden this has started happening from about 3 months ago. It's very frustrating.

Can anyone help??? I'd be extremely grateful

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Hi Mr-Big-Stuff-UK.

Being directed to the web site is usually a sign that your account at our end is not set up right.

Either in terms of your data bolt-on or as basic as multimedia messaging is not on there (or not working as it should which it is more than likely given what you described).

Give customer services a call and they will guide you through a few things which should then lead to them establishing that "MMS needs to be removed and re-provisioned".

Hope you get it sorted.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Check you apn is the correct one for your tariff and or reset your network settings and reboot phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Hi Mr-Big-Stuff-UK.

Being directed to the web site is usually a sign that your account at our end is not set up right.

Either in terms of your data bolt-on or as basic as multimedia messaging is not on there (or not working as it should which it is more than likely given what you described).

Give customer services a call and they will guide you through a few things which should then lead to them establishing that "MMS needs to be removed and re-provisioned".

Hope you get it sorted.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's enabled me to send photo's to others who are using iMessage, thanks you, but to people without imessage or different phones altogether they're still failing!?!

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thank you very much for your advice & help slight_smile

Message 5 of 5