Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Re: Loss of 4G signal

I wish, I reported this on the status page with a comment about the batteries missing and the automated reply comes back saying no problem... There seems to be a bit of a gap as even CTIL we're surprised the cabinets were still open
Topics: 293
Kudos: 1,845
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

Perhaps you will see some action now !

iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Topics: 113

Makes you realise that comments on here in similar previous threads about delays getting access permission from landowners can be completely wrong.

If O2 had contacted @Anonymous they would have been given immediate permission to access Smiley Indifferent

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Anonymous

Unfortunately here you don't need to worry about access as the black plastic ties really aren't quite the same as the padlocks .... I am really tempted to go back and see if there is any power in the cabinet after it was ripped apart. There are some issues with access, we are just happy to take the money and let be Smiley Happy
Anonymous

With regard to the status reports I have put three in now and the last two I enquired how the cabinets being opened and part of the power supplies missing could effect this ....
Anonymous

I don't wish to gloat but I am rather pleased with myself this evening as I have fixed my 4G data problem. This was achieved by reconnecting a cable that was broken when the batteries were stolen from this site on 28/7/17! O2 have been telling me there was no problem yet the Ericsson 4G cabinet had been disconnected by the thieves yanking out the Cat6 cable. I don't get and am now pursuing why the Ericsson engineer one didn't see the marked cable dangling and didn't bother to investigate the lovely orange lights in the cabinet, some of which have gone now thanks to me splicing a new RJ45 onto the bare end of the connecting cable Smiley Happy I am a qualified telecoms engineer from a past life and had authorisation from CTIL to enter the site so please don't try this yourselves.
Topics: 536
Solutions: 11,671

Well done that man.
You know where to send your bill Smiley Wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 550
Solutions: 3,445

Wow! Well done, you've put the engineers to shame. Incredible that you had to DIY. 

Anonymous

Yes, I will be following up the letter from the 02 Customer Complaint Review Service received today writing to me advising they were not aware of any network issues, you would think they would miss a 4G base station? What about the alarm on the Tellabs switch connecting the cabinets? At least I have been humoured by the comment that the Network Services Team have confirmed that there were no no coverage or mast issues in my postcode area... I wonder what Vodafone would say as they share the mast site and their 4G would be down too.... ?
Highlighted
Topics: 113

Image result for despair gif

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"