Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Long delay without ringing tone when calling my iPhone

Hi Maxine,
That is interesting - mine is a iPhone 3G too. Can you provide a bit of detail so maybe we can narrow down the issue?
It would be helpful to know how long the delays are..
Is it intmittent? - how many consecutive calls to the iPhone will fail.
Does it occur on Landlines only / mobiles only or both?
Who is the landline telephone provider? BT, TalkTalk etc..
Does it occur from other landline numbers calling the iPhone?
if the iPhone has a ported number - if so which Mobile network originally?
if the iPhone was in poor reception area
if it occurs only when the iPhone is in a particular cell

Thanks for responding Maxine! at least I know it isn't just me.

It happens on all my calls when people are ringing me,some off my calls have been going to O2 voicemail when its swtiched on with full 3G signal, also it is when both mobiles and landlines trying to ring me, most of the calls who phone me are Orange,O2,T-mobile,Vodafone,BT, Virgin and talk talk, i've never imported a number form another network to O2, also in a great area for signal. Hope that helps.
Anonymous

Thanks for that Maxine.. So when they go to voicemail, do they have a delay of silence before going to voicemail? The problem I have is that no-one waits through more than 30 seconds of silence - they just ring off and either try again, assume they have a wrong number, or assume my mobile is faulty.
Anonymous

Mine dooes not have a delay when it goes to voicemailjust when it rings not a much of a lengthy time about 3 seconds till my ringtone starts but vibrates Smiley Indifferent
Anonymous

Mine dooes not have a delay when it goes to voicemailjust when it rings not a much of a lengthy time about 3 seconds till my ringtone starts but vibrates Smiley Indifferent

mm..I'd regard 3 seconds as normal. I am talking 40 seconds +, sometimes 2 minutes..
Anonymous

when I first got the iPhone 3G it never did it, it rang straight away but also when you lock your phone does it do the lock tone quiter than normal mine keeps doing this
Anonymous

The caller ID (or inconsistent lack of it) that was a symptom of the problem seems to have cured itself (27/10). Does anyone else notice this?
Anonymous

I spoke too soon. Caller ID is not being displayed when 2 hours earlier it was, from the same incoming caller (a BT exchange). This one did not have a 40 second delay though.

This is clearly a network issue...and I am guessing that ported numbers is a contributing factor.
Anonymous

Re: Long delay without ringing tone when calling my iPhone

Had this problem for a while and I think I've just solved it by deleting my TUGO app. on my tablet. I noticed it was ringing when my phone wasn't, so am assuming the traffic goes through this route first. I may be wrong but my phone is working fine now. 

Topics: 577
Solutions: 4,096

Anonymous

Should have checked the dates! Was trying to find a solution to same problem when I came across this thread - clearly not the same root cause.