cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping Same Number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've had a Blackberry on a pay-monthly two year contract, that's scheduled to end on Tuesday. I therefore ordered an iPhone 5s on Friday on pay-monthly, which is scheduled to be delivered tomorow. Despite changing phones, I want to keep the same number, and was wondering how this proccess works? 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you need anymore help when the phone arrives, you know where we are.

Enjoy your new phone pmcgreal! slight_smile

Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Silly quesiton, but I assume any monthly payments etc for my Blackberry will completely end once my iPhone is activated?

Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should receive your final bill shortly after upgrade and after you paid it, you will be only paying for the new tariff.

Have you upgraded or taken out a new contract?

Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgraded.

It says in the 'My Mobile' section of My o2 account, on the left, the next bill date is the 9th of January, and above that it says 'Balance: £0.00'. Above all this under 'My billy summary' it still has the £21.99 I was paying for the Blackberry listed next to 'Latest airtime bill'. 

However on the right of all this info, under my airtime tarrify summer, is all the new iPhon 5s info. 

Message 14 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok

I think because your bill date is the 9th, DD normally comes out 14 days later so your final bill for the BB should come out around 23rd of Jan.

You could always call o2 on 202 from your mobile to clarify the final bill payment.

Message 15 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks.

Finally, the taffric includes 1GB worth of data per month. So any tips on making sure I don't over-run this? For example only using apps such Facebook, Twitter etc when connected to WiFi or? 

Hi,

This link helped me.

http://www.thestar.com/business/personal_finance/spending_saving/2012/11/16/10_ways_to_cut_your_mobi...

Also turn off diagnostic sending etc.

Update/download apps on wifi.

Remember lots of coffee shops etc offer free wifi but just don't do anything like Internet banking as its not secure. If you visit a friend with home broadband don't be embarrassed to ask for their wifi password. It does not cost them anything to let you latch onto their router.

Running speed tests on your phone can use from 40-50mb.

Some of the battery saving tips in this thread can also save Data usage.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iOS-7-Battery-Saving-Tips/m-p/530730/high...

Message 16 of 22

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

When you perform any upgrade with o2 the account just changes in this case data type and new monthly amount you always keep your number with an upgrade.

P.s. if you were not changing sim size then you woiuld just use the old sim with the new upgraded phone. But as this is to iphone you need the swapmysim as mentioned

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 17 of 22

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Your next bill should have an adjustment on it if there is a difference between the price plan costs with a pro rata refund of the BB price plan and a pro rata application of the iPhone price plan as well as the normal monthly payment for your iPhone plan and any handset plan if you are now on O2 refresh

If you have changed tariff as part of the upgrade this will have been done as the order was being prepared for dispatch and should now be showing in myO2. You may have received a few odd text messages about mobile internet around the same time (I did when I bought my 5S)

Message 18 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been at home all today with the phone, connected to WiFi, with Cellular turned off! Tomorow when out, if I stil leave Cellular off, I presume I can still receive text messages, phone calls etc? 

Also, with 1GB of Data, is it fine to turn Cellular on now and then to check apps like Facebook when outside and not in a WiFi spot?

Message 19 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you will still be able to receive texts/calls with mobile data off.

Of course it's fine to check your FB etc on mobile data when out, I do it and after I.m done I simply switch mobile data off.

Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 20 of 22