cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal to keep being lied to by O2 ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi O2,

I am one disgruntled customer !!
I sat in the queue on preorder day for the iPhone 7 plus. I eventually got through and upgrade 2 !!! Handsets both to 128gb iPhone 7 plus which I was told we would get on release day. after many issues with upgrading I was told we were good to go and we would the handset on release day.

I contacted o2 the day before release and was told not to worry all was good and I would get the handsets as promised..... never arrived. I contacted o2 who say I should have got a text but for some reason the system didn't send me one. They apologied and said they were out of stock and I would have to wait. I then asked about the larger 256gb handset and was told they had them in stock and can do next day delivery. So ... even though I shouldn't have had to I upgraded them to the larger phone with the promise they would be here next day. All went through ok but only for an adviser to let me know half hour later that they were out of stock and couldn't deliver. I was mad as you can imagine. After being lied to several times. But that's not the end ..... I was promised that I would have the new phones this week.

I just contacted o2 to see where they were up to and have been told ..... wait for it ..... no stock and I'll just have to wait !!!!

Tell you what .... I'll go to a different provider.

I understand there are stock issues but lying to customers repeatedly is not on.

Rant over !
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
They won't man up say we f up and we keeping your cash too few mates from my work walk into three store and on Saturday come bk with 7plus 256gb jet black so three have more stock than o2 if I remember o2 was the only use to hold iPhones in the past
Message 11 of 12

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Here you go guys, if you're not happy with how you've been dealt with, put in a complaint.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

02 can't fix something if they don't know ppl are being messed around, so I'd urge you to complain as the more complaints about a certain thing that's broken, hopefully the more 02 are pushed to resolve it.

Message 12 of 12