cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 7 refund help

Anonymous
Not applicable
I pre ordered an iPhone 7 which due to delays I cancelled and picked up in Store.

I was advised by CS that I would receive a full refund which comprised of the phone price and early upgrade fee.

I have however only been refunded the phone price and no upgrade fee

I have now paid this twice. As I had already paid this in Store

Surely this can't be right?

Any help appreciated @Toby
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Do not try to use live chat for these types of problems as they're renowned for being unable to get it right.

Get on the phone (202 from your contract number) and demand the refund. I'm not 100% sure, but I'd take an educated guess that you're entitled to it.

Or if u get nowhere follow this link to make an official complaint. (I'll pop bk with the link, one minute)
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I cancelled on Saturday and received the refund today (albeit not the early upgrade fee!)
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
@gindygoo

I spoke to them this morning and advised I was not entitled to a refund of the fees, I asked to speak to a Manager and still awaiting a call despite being assured this would happen within the hour.

I am getting nowhere quick!
Message 13 of 17

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Here's the complaints link

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Start the procedure now if you feel you're being ignored, but I think one last try on 202 might not go amiss.

You shouldn't have to go through all of this, but unfortunately 02 seem to be having customer service let downs a lot lately.
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @gindygoo

I have spent over 3 hours today with absolutely no resolution.

V disappointed, don't understand how they can justify it
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just go and report it to the bank, they will get the money back for if you explaine you have paid for the same item twice because O2 falsly lead you to believe they had refunded the first payment.  There are safe garuds when paying with your debt card.

I once had to get the bank involed when a bike I ordered for one of my children years ago had not arrived after 3 months and the company was blanking me. Think it took a week but I got all my money back.

Message 16 of 17

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@Anonymous you're welcome, do pop back and let us know how u get on.

Best of luck.
Message 17 of 17