cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 very poor connectivity on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just asking the question on O2's reception compared to other networks as my iphone 6 is a joke in comparison to others on T mobile etc. 

It's pointless trying to do a speed test and download something from youtube as a demo, after 20 sec's of waiting I just give up and it's laughable at how crap it is. 

I've got a new 4g sim/the phone is not encased in a lead box/ live at NE42 (I know the reception isn't brilliant and 4g doesn't really reach but it just switches to GPRS). 

O2 please help as I'd rather sell my phone and go to a provider that I can get emails etc rather than having to just rely on my wifi connection to download things. 

By the way I've 3 contracts - 2 monthly and 1 PAYG so help me please. 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

Genius Bar Appointment Link https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

If it is the iPhone they may just swap it out for you.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
As a process of elimination can you try your Sim Card in another phone to rule out either the Sim Card , even though it's new or Phone which may be at fault.

The phone will attempt to latch onto the strongest connection possible.

If it's the phone that's maybe at fault then an Apple Store can run a diagnostic in it. But do please make a Genius Bar appointment first.
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
If gprs is what you are receiving you won't be able to download anything at speed.
What does the status page say you should get?
http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

many thanks for your reply, I'm sure it must be the phone although I will give it a try. The Sim card in at the moment is a replacement after I complained about the same problem to a local store so they gave me a new sim with the correct activation process etc. 

So still showing GPRS even after I check the status which should be patchy for 4G but should be good for 3G and I'm not even getting that. 

So many thanks and looks like the Genius Bar will try to fob me off with it's the network provider. 

Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers for your help, I've had a look and should be getting very limited 4G but a good 3G of which I'm still not even getting that, I'm not even getting 2G or 1G. thanks slight_smile
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

Genius Bar Appointment Link https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

If it is the iPhone they may just swap it out for you.
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Is this indoors or outdoors?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

it's actually both, it's come to the point it's actually not worth trying when i'm out and about to get any updates on news/emails etc So most of the time I just have to wait until I get back home.

If the phone wasn't so valuable I'd have seen how far I can skim it across the river (as it's the perfect shape) slight_smile

Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
many thanks and a very useful forum slight_smile
Message 10 of 10