cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 6 completely useless!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I recently upgraded my phone to an iPhone 6, from my trusty Sony Expera Z. It has been the worst decision I've ever made. Ive had the iPhone for about 8 weeks, it has worked for about 3 of those, if im lucky. The phone continually overheats with little to no usage, and crashes. And by crashes, I mean becomes completely unusable. It's worked for the past 4 days, then out of the blue, last night, it freezes. I cannot access the settings, mail or even facebook messenger, as the phone just stalls crashes and dies. No matter how many times i restart the phone, nothing works. I've done a factory reset, resetting the network setting, erasing all the data. Occasionally the WIFI icon on the access bar goes a light grey and I can't turn it on/off. I've looked all over the internet, and nobody has had the same list of problems as I have. If I had not taken my ipod to use on my ships wifi, I would not have been able to contact my girlfriend for 3 weeks as the phone was useless! Nothing works. I need my phone for work desperatley as I need to check my email to see what I am doing next. Unfortunately, I got sent away offshore before I could get the phone seen to... 

Does anybody have any ideas? I am getting more and more angry the more time goes on. I can't even call O2 support because the phone dies and crashed halfway through a damned phone call, and I dont return to the UK till well into next week. I am very close to throwing the phone into the sea!

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it overheats, crashes etc, it is definitely faulty, which to be fair can happen to any electrical device out of the box.

If you can on your iPhone, go into Settings/Privacy and scroll down to the bottom. Touch Diagnostic & Usage, next touch Diagnostic & Usage Data. Look for any entries in here that are called PANIC.PLIST. If you see any with this name, then the iPhone has a hardware fault and will need to be replaced.

If you live near an Apple Store, then I would make an appointment with them. Chances are you will walk out of the shop with a replacement iPhone. On the rare occasion I have needed to go to an Apple Store to get something replaced, I found their service to be outstanding.

If however you don’t live near an Apple Store, then you can get in touch with Apple on this number and arrange for a replacement that way. 0844 209 0611

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149592 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
It sounds faulty to me.
I think Apple is your only hope to get it checked out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94096 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

You could try a reset by holding the power button and home button down until the Apple logo appears and then release. It does sound though as there is a major problem. Try deleting apps you don't use in case one is conflicting with the software.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, I've tried both the home reset, and reinstalling and removing a wild variety of apps, with no luck....
Message 4 of 8

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24015 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

It's still under warranty. Book an appointment with Apple and get it seen to when you return. It will get you a lot further than moaning about the problems here.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you done a full restore via iTunes

http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/
Message 6 of 8

PhoneChanger
  • 1344 Posts
  • 66 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Definately sounds like one for Apple, book in an appointment at a Genius bar when you're back on the mainland and they'll replace it for you on the spot if it is found to be faulty
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it overheats, crashes etc, it is definitely faulty, which to be fair can happen to any electrical device out of the box.

If you can on your iPhone, go into Settings/Privacy and scroll down to the bottom. Touch Diagnostic & Usage, next touch Diagnostic & Usage Data. Look for any entries in here that are called PANIC.PLIST. If you see any with this name, then the iPhone has a hardware fault and will need to be replaced.

If you live near an Apple Store, then I would make an appointment with them. Chances are you will walk out of the shop with a replacement iPhone. On the rare occasion I have needed to go to an Apple Store to get something replaced, I found their service to be outstanding.

If however you don’t live near an Apple Store, then you can get in touch with Apple on this number and arrange for a replacement that way. 0844 209 0611

Message 8 of 8