cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone 5S 4G Problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys hopefully someone can help, for the last few days my 4G signal has completely disappeared and I can only get 3G wherever I am, I spoke to an O2 Guru who said that the data bolt on with my contract wasn't compatible with iphone and said that he changed it and to restart my phone at midnight and all should be well, well that doesn't appear to have worked so should I talk to them again? It can't be the signal in my area as family members are on 02 and their 4G is working perfectly,

thanks in advance for the help

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah it appears it was my own impatience that was the problem, got a text from 02 this morning saying 4G was ready and to restart my phone and since then been working fine, think it was something to do with the bolt-on settings at their end not being set to 'iphone' according to the person I spoke to last night, anyway thanks for all your help and suggestions guys, much appreciated slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

It does sound as though the problem is with the bolt on. You should have an idata bolt on with APN setting of idata.o2.co.uk  

If you have the standard data bolt on try changing the APN to mobile.o2.co.uk

I would call them again but I would also try a new sim card. Any O2 store will change it for you and swap your number and tariff.

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Now the bolt on has changed just reset your network settings on phone and it should all work again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JamieG21 let us know if by changing the the APN settings solved your issue or if it still continues

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah it appears it was my own impatience that was the problem, got a text from 02 this morning saying 4G was ready and to restart my phone and since then been working fine, think it was something to do with the bolt-on settings at their end not being set to 'iphone' according to the person I spoke to last night, anyway thanks for all your help and suggestions guys, much appreciated slight_smile

Message 5 of 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
All sorted then, well done
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Glad you got it sorted....I'm impatient myself when something isn't working that should!

Message 7 of 7