cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ios7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Help my daughter just got a iPhone4 she's 11, it automatically updated to this new software now the phone is disabled, how do I restore it back to how it was......
Message 1 of 21
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps you should check with o2 customer services on 202 contract or 4445 payg that her account is set ok.

Then if no joy yes go back to the shop for help.

If you do this within 7 working days they should give you a new iPhone if hers is at fault.

View solution in original post

Message 19 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
You cannot restore it back to its previous iOS firmware as Apple have stopped signing it.

iPhones do not auto upgrade to the newest iOS. They are carried out via iTunes by completing the process or by clicking in the software update button in the phones settings.

What happening with the phone.

What's not working.
Message 2 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
It won't let her do anything it just says the phones disabled. You can only make emergency calls from it.
Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try.

Settings , general , reset , reset network settings.
Message 4 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also check the settings such as the Apn settings.

Here is a link to how.

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/chapter/595-04-how-to-set-apn-settings-for-the-02-mobile-network

Also remove the sim and give it a clean.

Check o2's service status to ensure the masts are working fine.

http://status.o2.co.uk
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't get to settings it will only let me make an emergency call and will let me do nothing else. It's very frustrating as you can't even talk to anyone online either in support.
Message 6 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you trying online live chat ?

Where was the phone purchase from ?

I'm asking because the original owner could have imei barred it.
Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bought online from O2 only got it delivered last week.

Yes online live chat.

She must have clicked something to agree to the update. Have turned off just waiting for it to boot up now.
Message 8 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
A soft reset is done by pressing the top button and home button until the apple logo appears and then let go of both.

Have you tried hooking it up to iTunes and restoring it.

Basically you do this by pressing the device name that's in the left hand panel in iTunes.

Then hit the restore button.

If it won't let you then put it into dfu mode which then iTunes should say it's detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

How to put an iPhone into dfu.

http://m.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034
Message 9 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't get it into dfu mode either keeps coming up with the apple logo and then back to the iPhone is disabled screen
Message 10 of 21