cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can receive texts but not calls from one number

Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife can send me text messgaes but I cannot receive calls from her. She can hear the dialling tone on her phone when she rings me but I don't get anything, not even a missed call message afterwards. We have both done factory resets on our phones and nothing has changed. We both have iphone 5s. Any ideas much appreciated??

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick update here as I got the problem resolved yesterday after talking to the technical department at O2.

After my intiial post yesterday I actually discovered that I wasn't receiving any calls from any numbers (not only my wife)!

The problem lay with the TuGo app I had installed on my phone which I hadn't used in ages but was still signed in. The person in O2 technical got me to redownload the app and then delete my account. My phone immediately began working as normal and I can receive all my calls. He mentioned that there was a known issue with this app and O2 were working on a fix for it currently.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Check your blocked number lists.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

We both checked our blocked list and we both don't have any numbers blocked.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Has she tried dialling your number manually, rather than from the phone book?
Also, try dialling 141 in front of your number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Open call settings on your phone's and I'm sure it's a blocked number issue.

If you go into call logs and assuming you've been able to receive calls from her before, long press on her number from a previous call to see what options come up. Ask your wife to do the same.

Other than deleting each others numbers and re entering it I'm not sure how an issue could otherwise affect one caller.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick update here as I got the problem resolved yesterday after talking to the technical department at O2.

After my intiial post yesterday I actually discovered that I wasn't receiving any calls from any numbers (not only my wife)!

The problem lay with the TuGo app I had installed on my phone which I hadn't used in ages but was still signed in. The person in O2 technical got me to redownload the app and then delete my account. My phone immediately began working as normal and I can receive all my calls. He mentioned that there was a known issue with this app and O2 were working on a fix for it currently.

Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Well done - It is an issue we've heard of before if Tugo is deleted without signing out first.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 8 of 8