Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unlock phone for all networks

DanielNarovec
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello i need to unlock my iPhone 6 but i cannot go to Uk and because i havent Called from sim that i brought on-line o2 is unable to unlock the device what should i do ?
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 won't be able to unlock it for you as you need to use it on the O2 network otherwise it won't register on the system. Can you get the original owner to get it unlocked? 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @DanielNarovec Are you abroad at the moment? Where did you buy the phone from?

Have you checked that the phone may already be unlocked? Put another sim in first to check if it is unlocked

Advice on Unlocking here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

DanielNarovec
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Im not abroad im from Czech Republic i ve brought phone on on-line auction and phone is still locked to 02 UK.
If i could get to UK i would already do it but sinice im still high school student i cannot
Message 3 of 11

DanielNarovec
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
And thanks for some advices
Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 won't be able to unlock it for you as you need to use it on the O2 network otherwise it won't register on the system. Can you get the original owner to get it unlocked? 

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unfortunately the bottom line is no chance unless you can get the phone to the uk.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Never trust eBay or auction sites to buy technology from 

Message 7 of 11

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hello @DanielNarovec, welcome to our forum! 

As our helpful members replied above, unfortunately you would need to use an O2 SIM card in the phone before it could be unlocked... worried

Please do let us know if you have any further questions.

Message 8 of 11

Samina85
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Please can someone help I have submitted via the app to unlock my phone 3 days ago no word back I desperately need it ASAP not got much luck with the gurus
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
@Marjo
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 11