cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the O2 Wifi profile installed on my non-3G iPad?

Anonymous
Not applicable

As an O2 customer I have the O2 Wifi profile installed and working on my iPhone 5. However, I would also like to get the profile installed on my non-3G iPad. I cannot install the app on the iPad because it is only compatible with 3G iPads, but that should not stop me installing the profile and using the iPad in O2 Wifi locations. But how?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. After some perseverence and a little help from my son we have identified that the URL below will install the O2 Wifi profile onto a non-3G enabled iPad. It would be useful if a couple of others could try it and report back whether it works for you too.

http://mvolveprod.momac.net/pl/svt/si/o2wifiapp/po/o2uk/pa/configinstallation_start

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I'm not sure if this is what your looking for.

If not then my apologies.

http://assets.mobile-tv.sky.com/thecloud/thecloud_ssid_signed.mobileconfig
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the profile for the Cloud, (I understand once run by O2, but now) run by O2's competitor, Sky. What I want is the same thing but for O2 Wifi. That is why I asked on an O2 forum.

Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok.

My apologies.

Good luck with your quest.

wink

Message 4 of 14

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

just install o2 wifi and use your mobile number.

That is how I did mine

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

What exactky do you mean by "install o2 wifi'? If you mean install the app, then that will not install on an iPad that dos not have 3G. For some reason O2 have only allowed the app to install on a 3G iPad. I have the profile on my iPhone but cann at the moment see no way to copy it off so I can add it to the iPad. The link provided above woks fine for the Cloud, but I already have that. I would ahve thought that O2 would make their profile available on a Web link in the same way as the Cloud do.

Message 6 of 14

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

best talk to o2 then as if they have blocked the app then only o2 can help

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try speaking to Live Chat to see if they will send you the profile OTA ?

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/contactus

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

This really does not have much to do with the app. I can understand that if I have no network access then using an app to find the nearest hotspot would probably not make any sense. However, the profile is totally separate from the app and would allow automatic connection from my iPad when in range of an O2 hotspot. Using an iPad is something that they advertise as possible. 

Anyway, I have had a nice chat with the Live Chat people. They cannot help at the moment but I think that they understand what I want and have promised to pass it to the people who make the decisions to see if they can change the current options. Let's wait and see if anything comes of it. The more people who ask for it the more likely they are to make it available.

Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK. After some perseverence and a little help from my son we have identified that the URL below will install the O2 Wifi profile onto a non-3G enabled iPad. It would be useful if a couple of others could try it and report back whether it works for you too.

http://mvolveprod.momac.net/pl/svt/si/o2wifiapp/po/o2uk/pa/configinstallation_start

Message 10 of 14