cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get photos off my phone onto my pc?

michael15
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I want to get photoes from my phone to  my pc can u help please

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just plug in with your data lead and you can open the photo folder on the phone and drag and drop or copy them to your pc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just plug in with your data lead and you can open the photo folder on the phone and drag and drop or copy them to your pc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

pierced6966
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My preferred method is to install one of these apps, (i use all) as they work in different ways.

Google Drive, It is free storage space that you can synch to photos on your phone, photos are uploaded automatially to the google account you have or if you dont have one you set up for free.

The account is automatic when you sign up for a free Google email.

To access the photos anywhere on any laptop or computer you just log into your account on a web browser where you can download to the said PC.

The easiest browser to use for this is Google Chrome.

You recieve 15 GB of free storage space.

One Drive (Microsoft) Another app that again you synch photos too, difference here is you need to install a program on the said computer.

The program creates a folder on the computer, all photos will be in this folder.

They will also be connected to your hotmail account if you use this account to register, if you log into your hotmail account your "one Drive" will be accessable as a device to send photos and documents from, or to download from to the computer you are on..

With my Samsung Galaxy i recieved a free 100 GB account, normal free is between 10 GB and 20 GB free space.

Dropbox This addon works identical to One Drive with the added bonus of a Pin number security on a Android device where the two above do not. On an Android device you are always signed into your Google account otherwise you could not read email or use playstore. Again, you can access via a web browser or a program you install from https://www.dropbox.com/.

Again you need to register for a free account.

As a free user you get 2.5 Gb of space.

If you have an Iphone, rather than use a cable to connect phone you can again use a browser on the computer. 

Just goto https://www.icloud.com sign into your iphone account, goto your photos, by clicking on the photo you can select where to store on the computer.

All the above options allow the storage and transfere of photos, documents and videos.

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The problem with those solutions is that the photos are then stored in online clouds. Yes you can make each photo available offline which is a time consuming and frustrating job but photos aren't physically stored on the pc.

Drag and drop or the pc will ask you what you want to happen the first time the phone is connected.  Simply choose Import Photos. 

Message 4 of 7

pierced6966
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry but you are incorrect, onecloud and dropbox are a one time install on said laptop or PC.

From then on there is no need to constantly remove phone charger from wall to connect phone to laptop or PC.

Anytime you take a photo on the phone it is automatically sent to the laptop or PC in your chosen photo album via wifi or broadband connection.

The added advantage is that its also backed up on a cloud service so if the laptop ever gets damaged or lost the photos are still recoverable by logging into the cloud service.

Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Until you reach your storage allowance. My photos are physically on my PC.They are also backed up to an external hard drive as well as Dropbox, Google photos, Mightytext and one drive. Point is that I have 20 years of photos that are important to me. You are entitled to your opinion but as for saying I'm wrong then again, your opinion and if you believe that, no problem for me. The original question asked was about transferring  photos to the pc. Õr maybe I'm wrong. ....

Message 6 of 7

Loony22
  • 26 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The other thing I have found with my iphone SE 11.4 iOS (unless pointed out already) is that if you plug in the USB cable from phone to PC, access the photos folder directly through My computer as a "drive" you have to have the phone unlocked (meaning fingerprint opened or home screen showing not blacked out in lock mode), otherwise you won't see the pictures. This may have been sorted by now but I highly doubt it.

This stumped me for a good few hours until I found someone else with the same problem.

Also you can get a program called imazing which allows you to grab data photos music basically backup the entire phone to your PC. I prefer this program over itunes which always either forgets something or just cocks it all up somehow.

Message 7 of 7