cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for those seeking their iPhone 5 Delivery

Anonymous
Not applicable

Following on from the extensive iPhone 5 pre-orders thread which contains very useful information regarding other community members experiences (and lies) regarding their iPhone 5 delivery I and others thought it time we had a factual thread containing just the relevant information to help people, like me, still waiting for their new device!

So please post just the basic factual information:

1/ The date the phone was ordered.

2/ The method of ordering - By Phone to Customer Services/Upgrades/Business/Retentions or Online or in person in an O2 Shop

3/ Model of phone - Colour and Size.

4/ Current Status - Awaiting Allocation, In progress, Despatched, Delivered!

Please post the information regardless of when those lucky people who already have their phones actually received them and those of us who are STILL waiting can repost with any updates they have following chats with Guru's CS and others (but please keep it brief). Once you have posted that you have received your phone please do not repost the same information. Hopefuly this will keep the thread brief and factual and become a good resource for others over the next few weeks as clearly ringing O2 achieves nothing!

Let me kcik things off:

1/ Ordered 21st September 7.10am

2/ Via Business Retentions over the phone

3/ White 32GB

4/Awaiting Allocation - STILL after 4 weeks and 4 days!

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

Anonymous
Not applicable
1 Ordered 2nd October
2 Telephone upgrade
3 Black 16GB
4 Delivered 22 October
Message 11 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjaineb i think its cos u got the blk one that you have yours already, seems its only the people with the white 16gb that r still waiting

Message 12 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable
Me again

1) ordered 14th October
2) platinum customer helpline
3) black 16gb
4) delivered 24th October
Message 13 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

You say that, but....

1) ordered 21st September 08:40am

2) O2Business

3) 3 x black 16gb
4) STILL WAITING!!!!!

O2 send the occasional text saying order will be here soon.  Have spoke to operatives and all they can advise is there is a waiting list depending on when the order was placed.  If people have put in order for identical handsets AFTER my order date, then why has my order not yet been completed?!?  I think another phonecall is in order....

Message 14 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

PandM75 im not sure what they are basing their deliveries on, im thinking maybe it could be geographical....im still going with the theory that someone i know works at o2 and is taking the p**s

Message 15 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

Going on everything I've read and information I've pieced together from phone calls this seems to be how O2 are distributing the phones

firstly as far as O2 are concerned O2 consumer and O2 business are 2 distinct companies with their own stock, consumer is getting more stock than business therefore we are seeing people get their phones quicker if they have ordered through consumer

secondly within business there are two distinctions lease and contract. Lease customers are the priority and are getting their phones first at the expense of those on contract who are upgrading.

Therefore people like myself who have ordered both a black and white 16GB handset on business on launch day are still waiting. Utterly appalling state of affairs and if O2 don't value my money I might have to see who will

Message 16 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Ordered Monday 17th September (been waiting over 5 weeks)!

2. Upgrade via O2 business

3. 2 x Black 16GB

4. No idea! I have had no updates from O2.

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with O2 lack of customer service. I have absolotely no idea if the handsets will arrive tomorrow or another 5 weeks from now. A simple update would suffice!

Message 17 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

alexh1148, dont hold your breath, iv actually asked them to just tell me the truth, and all i got was "phone is out of stock and will be sent out on a high priority basis" even after i told them that i knew that already..i think the o2 guru is a robot, programmed to spin off different fob offs randomly. They dont even listen to what your saying! i cant bear to ask them anymore. All is know is this "iphone5 is out of stock due to very high demand and will be sent out on a high priority basis" even my 3 yr old neice would have known not to make empty promises

Message 18 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right i dont know how accurate this is but cant help the possibility of actually being the barer of good news: see beklow convo with my new BFF o2 Guru

Scott: I got an update

Scott: we will dispatched all iphone5 within 48 hours

Siraj: so you have them in stock now?

Scott: yes

Scott: no worries about that now ]

Siraj: ok well il be honest with you mate, im not holding my breath, someone least week told me i was defo getting mine on friday gone

Siraj: i think im shocked at the moment

Siraj: and having a deer in headlight moment

Scott: Me too

Siraj: LOL!

Scott: *******

Scott: this is your reference number for the same

Scott: and let me clear you after dispatch from our end it'll take 1-3 days to reach your place

Siraj: so i could get it anytime from tomorrow through till Saturday?

Siraj: will there be an email sent to me to confirm this

Scott: sure

Scott: you'll get confirmation email and text

Scott: with the details of order and delivery details

Siraj: ok so my order status will be changed on the website

Scott: sure

Scott: within 48 hours

Siraj: ok then thanks for that

Siraj: thats all then

Siraj: no more questions thanks for your help

Scott: You're welcome

Scott: Thanks for understanding and cooperation, It was nice chatting with you, have a nice day ahead, bye and take care 🙂

Message 19 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered my iphone 16gb in white on the 2nd October and received my tracking number about 10 minutes ago, so fingers crossed it looks like my phone is on its way!!  will keep you informed.

lets hope this means that you will all receive your phones very soon x

Message 20 of 73