cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! Visual voicemail disappeared!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi hope somebody can help. With the network issues today my visual voicemail vanished but had now come back with a few visual voicemails but I've lost loads!
Is there anyway I can get these back?
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The process is ;

iCloud does not say that it contains voicemails, but that doesn't mean it does not.  You would just have to try restoring the backup to find out. 

"To restore to your iCoud backup you have to start by erasing the phone.  Go to Settings>General>Reset and tap Erase All Content and Settings.  Then go through the setup screens on the phone and when given the option, choose Restore from iCloud backup.  You will then sign into your iCloud account, accept the terms and conditions, then choose the backup you wish to restore from.  To see an older backup, you may need to tap "Show older backups" (see image below).  Be sure your phone is connected to wifi and your charger as this may take some time to finish."

Source : Apple Community.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94140 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh really? I just set up my new phone it took 8hrs! Will it take that long again? Do I just plug into iTunes and back up again? It won't overwrite what's on there though erasing the visual voicemails I already have? I'm not terribly clued up with the whole iTune thing.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The process is ;

iCloud does not say that it contains voicemails, but that doesn't mean it does not.  You would just have to try restoring the backup to find out. 

"To restore to your iCoud backup you have to start by erasing the phone.  Go to Settings>General>Reset and tap Erase All Content and Settings.  Then go through the setup screens on the phone and when given the option, choose Restore from iCloud backup.  You will then sign into your iCloud account, accept the terms and conditions, then choose the backup you wish to restore from.  To see an older backup, you may need to tap "Show older backups" (see image below).  Be sure your phone is connected to wifi and your charger as this may take some time to finish."

Source : Apple Community.

Message 4 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12519 lists what is in the icloud backup

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 5