Did you mean: 

Email problem iphone 6+

Bonnie007
Level 3: Thinker
  • 25 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hiya

Hoping someone can help me.  I've set up my new phone and added my email addresses.  My main BT address is running fine with no problems, but the 2 personal email addresses I have for my domain won't allow me to delete.  I click edit button, mark the emails and hit delete.  They disapear for a second, then a message pops up saying unable to delete messages and then they reappear in the inbox again.  BT ones delete fine.  I've tried to delete them from the combined box, from it's on inbox and also individually. 

Any ideas?  Is there a setting I need to change?  I've moved from android to iphone and didn't have this problem so not sure where to look.

Many thanks 

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bonnie007
Level 3: Thinker
  • 25 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

AHHHH finally got it sorted!!  

Googled the problem and solution was to go into mail settings > Advanced and scroll down to IMAP path prefix and put INBOX (in capitals) in that box, scroll back up to accounts and click done (just in case anyone is having the same problem)

I have no idea what that is because I didn't have to do anything like that on android phone, but for now it's working slight_smile 

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Who are the other two other e mail addresses with.

Try deleting them and re enter the e mail settings.

Are they set up as pop3 or IMAP

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4810

https://www.apple.com/uk/support/mail-settings-lookup/
Message 2 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93230 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Go into email settings and tick the box to delete from server, possibly in advanced settings.

Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem with hotmail. I haves his problem ever since my 3GS. Hence around 50,000 email in there!
Message 4 of 18

jonsie
  • 93230 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use Bt Yahoo mail, Hotmail. icloud mail and GMail with no issue so it must be how they have been keyed in.
Message 6 of 18

Bonnie007
  • 25 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I've deleted the email and redone it but everything is still the same.  It seems to do everything automatically for you after inputting mail settings.

The email is for my .co.uk domain and is an imap setting. 

When I try to move them to trash I get the message 'Unable to move messages.  The messages could not be moved to the mailbox trash' 

I can't find any setting within advanced that says delete from server. 

Message 7 of 18

jonsie
  • 93230 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Go into settings , mail, contacts , calendars.

Tap on Hotmail under accounts.

Where it says account at the top and your Hotmail address is tap on it.

Advanced settings.

Make sure a tick is next to Deleted Mailbox
Message 9 of 18

Bonnie007
  • 25 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

It's not a hotmail account, it's my own personal name.co.uk addy.  It goes with my business domain.

I have been messing around all day with it and getting nowhere except angrier lol.  I deleted account and tried setting up as pop3, great I can delete emails using that but I can't send emails now.  Getting rejected by server message.  I've gone into the settings and noticed the port was wrong, said 25 instead of 465, SSL is on, saved that and still not able to send.  Had no problems like this with my android 😞 Really need my business email account on phone but I can't think what else to try 

Message 10 of 18