cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disastrous experience with o2 customer service support - SIM card disabled!

JLizard1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I bought an Apple Watch through Apple on Friday 28th July and haven't been able to get the cellular data working on it, despite multiple calls to O2. This morning, Chris from o2 phoned me following up from a call on Sunday. He has been trying to help get my watch connected to cellular data. He decided to send me an e-sim and now my current sim card is disabled. I received a pop-up stating '4G calls Turned Off. O2 has turned off 4G calls on your account.' I now have no service on my SIM. I cannot make/receive calls. I cannot call 202 to get help. This is a disaster!

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

Message 2 of 8

JLizard1
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, Jonsie. I've messaged them on fb

Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

L_W_Ward
Level 12: Nimble
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I have an esim in mine. The first transfer from the physical sim took me a day! I decided to take it out and restart out phone. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 5 of 8

MoreThanAJedi
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

you know that if you have the o2 app on your phone, and you do a sim swap, then you can set up the new esim from the O2 app itself after the previous esim is disabled... in case you had no luck yet you can try this.

Message 6 of 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@MoreThanAJedi wrote:

you know that if you have the o2 app on your phone, and you do a sim swap, then you can set up the new esim from the O2 app itself after the previous esim is disabled... in case you had no luck yet you can try this.

Not everyone, I'm afraid as it is only people on the 360 Customer Management system

But worth checking if you have the facility 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 8 of 8