cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way to disable the sending of text messages from my iphone. I have to pay for sending texts & never use them, however my phone keeps sending them. Last month it sent them to two numbers at a cost of 10p per message. I believe that it is something to do with Apple but not sure what. I never send text & very rarely recieve any.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd call customer services and see what they say. You could try a Guru on live chat, Some are better than others.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's iMessage activation codes. go into settings and disable iMessage if you don't use it then it will (hopefully) stop trying to send these messages to enable the service.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I already disabled iMessage, MMS Messaging & Character Count, I've tried looking through to see if there is anything else related to messages. Daughter suggested changing the phone number that is used to send SMS but couldn't find where it is. Also tried to let it use the wif to validate iMessage in the hope that once its validated it will stop send the messages but it didn't validate on the wifi.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd call customer services and see what they say. You could try a Guru on live chat, Some are better than others.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did try customer service but they said it was more likely a hardware issue connected  with the iPhone & I should contact them. I asked if it was possible stop my phone sending any texts as I never do or even disable them altogether. I only ever want a phone to make calls. I haven't bought a phone for ages I make do with my kids hand me downs when they upgrade. 

Message 5 of 5