cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usuage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering if anyone could help me with this one. I have an iPhone 4s and I have 500mb of data a month, towards the end of the month I do use it but my internet speed slows down a bit however I can still use Facebook, Internet etc. The last couple of months though I am using all my data and can't access Facebook or internet on phone. I haven't downloaded anything more than usual and I cant think of any apps that could be running. I did go to my local o2 store and was told to clear the buttons at the bottom of phone when pressing the home button twice. I've been doing this but still using all data???

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Download Onavo Data Usage which shrinks date, don't have location services turned on unless you need them, don't use push notifications and I believe doing the following saves data usage:

To change your device’s reporting options:

1. Connect your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad to your computer.

2. In iTunes, hold down the Control key on your keyboard while you click your device (below Devices).

3. Choose Reset Warnings from the menu that appears.

The next time iTunes asks you for permission to send information, follow step 2 in the above section to set your reporting options.

Reports are submitted to Apple using your Internet connection. Your computer and device keep the information for one month after a report is generated, and then delete the information.

(section 2 referred to is:

Do one of the following:

• To allow iTunes to send information automatically, select “Do not ask me again,” and then click Agree.

• If you want iTunes to ask for your permission each time it sends information to Apple, deselect “Do not ask me again,” and then click Agree.

• If you don’t want your device information sent to Apple, select “Do not ask me again,” and then click Disagree.)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
The data speed slows down & becomes virtually unusable, turn off mobile data
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks stuart1983 but its mostly 3g I need to use as I dont have Internet (Wifi) 

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you considered increasing your data permanantly or buy a data bundle !

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I have had to but extra data bundle for 500mb the last two months but I 've had the phone for over 1 year and half and the data has worked fine up until the last couple months. Thats why im puzzled as I dont use apps or download alot from phone.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I have had to but extra data bundle for 500mb the last two months but I 've had the phone for over 1 year and half and the data has worked fine up until the last couple months. Thats why im puzzled as I dont use apps or download alot from phone.

A few people on here and other like minded forums have experianced the same kind of issues.

If you action a search you will find live threads that hold good information on how to troubleshoot data usage.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Download Onavo Data Usage which shrinks date, don't have location services turned on unless you need them, don't use push notifications and I believe doing the following saves data usage:

To change your device’s reporting options:

1. Connect your iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad to your computer.

2. In iTunes, hold down the Control key on your keyboard while you click your device (below Devices).

3. Choose Reset Warnings from the menu that appears.

The next time iTunes asks you for permission to send information, follow step 2 in the above section to set your reporting options.

Reports are submitted to Apple using your Internet connection. Your computer and device keep the information for one month after a report is generated, and then delete the information.

(section 2 referred to is:

Do one of the following:

• To allow iTunes to send information automatically, select “Do not ask me again,” and then click Agree.

• If you want iTunes to ask for your permission each time it sends information to Apple, deselect “Do not ask me again,” and then click Agree.

• If you don’t want your device information sent to Apple, select “Do not ask me again,” and then click Disagree.)

Message 7 of 7