Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery expectations for iPhone 7?

bexinthecity
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

So when I placed my preorder (and paid off my refresh) this morning I saw that the estimate for the phone delivery would be up to 2 weeks for the Rose Gold plus 256GB (the one I ordered) but now when I go to the store to check whether I picked the right colour (the black really does look nice but I've decided I was right to go for Rose Gold) it says orders will be delivered on the 16th ... so those who preordered this morning have to wait 2 weeks but those who preorder right now don't? I'm confused :Z

Message 1 of 1,355
1,354 REPLIES 1,354

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, new customer to O2, ordered on the 9th and received confirmation delivery date of the 23rd, today.

I called last night to check whether I would receive my iphone 7 256 Jet black as per promised based on the horror stories on this post.

Was told that my order status was 'Future Order Delivery date'  I wasn't too hacked off based on this forum, so said fine.  At 04.02 this morning, I received an email stating that my order was processing.  Then received the text of doom at 10.02.

I just called CS to get some idea of when I could expect my phone, was told that my order status was at 'No stock' I was speechless, my order changing to 'future date blah blah' to 'no stock'  Expected delivery date, 6 weeks.

As a new customer, I'm apalled, I sold my existing phone to envirofone yesteday thinking I'd get delivery today.  I sent my phone in as I was close to losing my quote price which was honoured for 14 days, which would elapse today.  The price of recycle phones has dipped heavily due to the new release.

So sitting at work without a phone, and no idea when I will receive my new one.  I was with EE, but wanted to join O2 for the yearly upgrade cycle.  I log onto My O2 and it's just a blank screen, stating, no products and no option to track order.

I have never come across such an inept company in all my years.  I went though to the O2 online chat, and chatted to a Robot clown who was, well, I don't wanna go there.

I paid a £169 upfront cost and have bugger all to show for it.  If I come across as frustrated, then that is pretty much how I feel,

Thanks O2, thank you very much

Message 1341 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought it might be useful to let you know a couple of things:

1) O2 customer service is run by Capita and not O2 - they are given lines by O2 sales and order teams to use with customers, and they have limited access to information hence why they cannot give us any. Everything about priority listing is a lie, and Capita are not taking any responsibility for this. I have sent the CEO, ***********, details of my complaint.

2) The head of complaints and accessibility (sales & serivce) at Telefonica UK is **********, the parent company for O2. The director of UK sales and service at Telefonica UK is ********. I have directed my complaint to them personally.

3) Orders already placed can only be cancelled and not modified - any modification requires the existing order to be cancelled and a new one placed. DO THIS AT YOUR PERIL.

4) Customers services (webchat and callcentre) have absolutely no more information than we do - they are making it up as they go along. O2 have stated that they are currently receiving 2 orders a week from Apple - on Mondays and Thursdays, so they know by lunchtime today which orders will be fulfilled, and lies used to fob callers off are being used to maintain average call times and queue compliance metrics.

5) O2 are prioritising home delivery over in-store collection as they have minimum delivery contracts with DPD (who have provided additional resource for this launch). In-store collections are handled by a different courier as part of their store delivery network and are being prioritised lower down.

6) Apple are throttling supply of the plus and black handsets because they didnt have enough for their own orders, never mind the third-party retailers like O2.

C'est la vie.

Message 1342 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to let you know..

Ordered iPhone 7 Plus Black 256GB Around 8:35am on Friday 9th.. Other than confirmation etc, had nothing since. Chased o2 Daily and in the last Hour Half, phones pinged a few times.

Tariff now updated, Upgrade Complete and Phone is due between now and Monday.

Hopefully the rest of you guys will start to get your phones.

Not sure if I should chase o2 for the £5.00 Compensation or not lol.

J.

Message 1343 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable
7+ 256gb in silver ordered.
Just received your order is processing email again
Message 1344 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry posted in the wrong thread lol

Message 1345 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable
The customer service part of o2 is the worst I have experienced in the 7 years I have been a customer.
No emails, no updates, no text messages to alert me to anything... oh expect the one telling me my bill this month needed paying.
It's a *bleep* take.
No one seems to be taking ownership of this problem and the customer service clowns just Keep fobbing me off #o2letdown
Message 1346 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pre-ordered a Jet Black Plus 256GB on the 11/9/16, paid £180 upfront and the money has left my account and Ive not heard a peep since.  Not had any texts, emails (apart from legal docs and order confirmation) not had an explanation as to what's going on with my order or when I can even expect it! 

This has been the worst handled release by Apple and third parties.
Message 1347 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 1348 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am so sorry for all of you still waiting. You might remember I cancelled my order last week due to the disgustingly poor customer service from O2.

Well just to say, I walked into my local Apple store yesterday and picked up an iphone 7 128gb matte black. Whole process took like 15-20 minutes. So glad I cancelled from O2. Will soon be looking to change my sim contract.

You should check if Apple have the model/colour you want and cancel your O2 order if possible. The new phone is great, I am so glad to upgrade from my old iphone 5 slight_smile
Message 1349 of 1,355

SimonPennington
  • 29 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

live chat now...

7+ 128Gb black now a 4 week wait... i give up

Message 1350 of 1,355