Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery expectations for iPhone 7?

bexinthecity
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 153 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

So when I placed my preorder (and paid off my refresh) this morning I saw that the estimate for the phone delivery would be up to 2 weeks for the Rose Gold plus 256GB (the one I ordered) but now when I go to the store to check whether I picked the right colour (the black really does look nice but I've decided I was right to go for Rose Gold) it says orders will be delivered on the 16th ... so those who preordered this morning have to wait 2 weeks but those who preorder right now don't? I'm confused :Z

Message 1 of 1,355
1,354 REPLIES 1,354

Anonymous
Not applicable

To me that just says that they cant keep up with processing pre orders so the have to push back average joe who didnt pre order. 

If the wait time was going the other way and were getting shorter it would give me hope that pre orders are getting fufilled faster and stock levels are up so they can reduce wait times for people who hadnt pre ordered. 

Message 1171 of 1,355

Benlfc
Level 8: Talented
  • 399 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
So today is allegedly the day where we find out when we can expect to receive our devices, however I've not received any first text so does that mean I am or I'm not an "affected" customer? Delivery estimate was "up to 2 weeks" when I ordered so this Friday is the end of that or will I receive a text on Thursday at 21:01 telling me my phone hasn't arrived with O2
Message 1172 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too had placed a pre order, but couldnt get it processed without crashing until early on the Saturday morning. I went for Black, 32gb regular iPhone and click and collect at the local store as I knew Id be out at work most of launch day. Well I had the text Thursday night but luckily for them I was on early shift Friday morning so therefore asleep when it arrived at 21:14. Out of curiousity I phoned the local shop on launch morning to see if they had shop stock, at that point they had 3 of what I'd ordered for walk ins. I decided to hang on and wait for my pre order, my mistake. Roll on to Monday morning (19/9) and several calls to CS later and being told wildly differing things about my order nobody would tell me what waiting for dispatch meant, whether that was at an o2 warehouse ready to be sent from there to my local store or waiting dispatch from Apple to O2. Well I rang around other stores in the area, got through to one of the Chester stores, their answer to do you have any iPhones in stock in Black, no 32gb but 'plenty' of 128gb and 3 256gb and we've got similar numbers in silver. I didnt enquire about the other colours so cant say. so I spent a half hour on hold to get through to CS again and cancel my order. May take 72 hours to go through they said in their efforts to stop me cancelling. Dont care I said, fed up of being told fairy tales and having paid for the priveledge I said. I'll sign up as a new customer if needs be. Well by the time I drove the 20 minutes in to Chester and parked up I checked the o2 app and lo and behold it was reset to upgrade eligable. In to the shop I go and 10 minutes later out I come with a 128gb Black iPhone 7. True, not quite what I ordered but the difference in cost is £5 a month on my tarrif for the same up fron cost. So anybody in the North West/Chester area give the Chester store a ring. Very nice people. For locals its the one on the high street not in the shopping precinct, though they might have stock too, didnt check.

Staff in the local shop didnt seem to be able to grasp why I was annoyed that they had been sent stock for walk in customers but O2 hadnt fulfilled my pre order. 

apologies for the long post. Will check back later to see what the latest text says. Hope you all get good news. Or at least some news. 

Message 1173 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

heres how the text is going to pan out

"hello were really sorry you haven't received your iphone yet! were working realy really hard to get it to you as soon as possible (not) unfortnely we dont have and dont know when we will have more stock in we will update you again at 21:01 on monday"

Message 1174 of 1,355

Benlfc
Level 8: Talented
  • 399 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Have you actually received it or do I detect a hint of sarcasm 😂😂
Message 1175 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

sarcasam lol just based on the absoltly appaling way o2 have been handling this

Message 1176 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add my 2p.

I ordered 8:03 am on 9/9, however, I didn't realise until 11/9 I had actually started an entirely new contract and not ugraded... ooops. Contacted CS and it took some time to explain that I didn't want to run two contracts concurrently. Quite unhelpful on a number of fronts: they wouldn't let me pay off my existing contract at the reduced rate, even though I had another order in place; and they wouldn't move my 'new contract' to the existing account. In the end I had to cancel my 9/9 order and upgrade as I should have done in the first instance.

Text of death on Thursday.

Contacted CS on Friday: "It will be delivered tomorrow, sir, it's in the final stages of dispatching" - no delivery.

Contacted CS on Saturday: "It will be delivered tomorrow, sir! Be assured." - no delivery.

Contacted CS on Sunday: "It will be delivered tomorrow, sir! The previous people hadn't told you the right information. I will put a mark on your account for urgency" - no delivery.

A pattern emerges.

Spoke with CS again yesterday, though it was like drawing nails. To summarise, they told me that my order was:

- Waiting for dispatch

- NOT out of stock

- Could be sent at any time

- But there is no dispatch date

The CS representative couldn't fathom why it was hard to grasp that if my order is not out of stock, then why isn't it being sent. Basically they told me (indirectly) that it is out of stock, or very soon will be, but they don't know exactly when. I was told that they are dipatching in chronological order, and that when my order no. is reached they will dispatch. Well how can my order be waiting for dispatch if there isn't even an iPhone allocated to it yet? Simply put, it appears O2 doesn't know how many phones it actually has left, doesn't know when more stock will arrive, and is fobbing customers off at every turn whilst taking new orders and selling in-store for walk ins. 

The whole thing is a shambles. In the end the CS rep, I suspect, got more than a ltitle annoyed and told me if I had ordered on the 9/9 I would have it by now. Clearly not the case as so many in this thread are still waiting.

I had ordered a matte black 7 in 32GB. Seriously tempted to cut my losses and switch providers at this point. If I'm waiting I may as well wait with a company that isn't a joke, offering a paltry 25% extra data for 6 months, despite being an existing customer who preordered and paid to do so.

Message 1177 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get you man I only went for 3gb of data so thats great I get 750mb extra a month huh? yeah thats really some compensation for the way you have been handling the situation. a real compensaton would be to refund us all our upfront upgrade cost

Message 1178 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

Especially in an era in which WiFi is so ubiquitous. The only time most of us may be out of range of a decent WiFi connection is in transit (and even then buses/trains have WiFi if you're depserate), or outside large population centres... in which case the data connection is usually something dire like GPRS. My average monthly data consumption is only aroud 430 MB, so I went for a low data plan like yourself.

As many others in this thread have acknowledged, sure, Apple massively failed to fulfil their agreements with network providers. But O2 really did drop the ball... and let it roll down the hill and out of site. Truly disappointing for a long term customer, even worse for new customers who are now held to ransom by wait times.

Message 1179 of 1,355

Anonymous
Not applicable

nicely sumed up been with o2 every since the iphone first launched switched to them specficaly so i could get it never had a problem upgrading my iphone every couple of years untill the iphone 7. I live in small village so my signal is shocking for 3g/4g anyway only used over 3gb once so extra data I dont really need again why I went for smaller amount. 5gb last contract only went over it once when I was away camping for a week with no wifi ect ect

Message 1180 of 1,355