cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anybody else experiencing unusual usage of data?
Normally don’t got over 1.5g - 2 a month but the past couple of months (nothing’s changed with the way I use my device) I’ve been using 10G in 7-10 days!!
And when you ring up it takes ages to actually get to speak to a human and not a robot!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I’m assured that o2 are investigating an issue with iPhones and data loss so I suggest you try to get through to customer service on 202 to report it and add yourself to the number of complainants.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’ve rang them countless times about it, they won’t accept any responsibility, keep acting dumb and blaming updates, boots etc. All which are turned off. So this is a known problem then?
Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

It’s a common problem but getting o2 to acknowledge it is a challenge.
I’d suggest an official complaint so it’s registered and keep on to them about it.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I rang before to do an official complaint but ended up just getting extra data for free instead, should’ve kept on with the complaint I’m imagining this scenario every month now!
Thank you!
Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
My issue came and went and it was the same for others, but yes, you could get it for a run of months I imagine.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Definitely make the complaint, this has been a problem on many iPhones for a couple of years now but O2 will not do anything about it unless customers make a complaint irrespective of them giving you the extra data. Should you have this happen again next month I doubt they will give you anything. 

They say they are investigating.... I have grave doubts. 

Message 7 of 16

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
They promised to call me about mine for more info, but guess what..........?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 16

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
They promised to call me about mine for more info, but guess what..........?

No guesses needed and I know the end outcome. Strange how the problem disappeared with the new network. 

Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Myself and others who had the problem were in no doubt about who was responsible for it, but getting O2 to accept and investigate is a different matter.
Until they do, we will keep on getting posts such as this.
Before anyone mentions it, it's nothing to do with WiFi assist either.......

Currently using:
Message 10 of 16