cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data packages for iPad mini

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I"beleive" that I am getting an iPad mini soon. I had a look to see about data packages from O2. On the website it just says iPad Mini data packages comming soon. 

Is this true and I have to wait or am I able to use a standard iPad data package?

Thanks

Alex

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

you just have to wait for o2 to say but i guess it will cost the same as the ipad tariffs

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

you just have to wait for o2 to say but i guess it will cost the same as the ipad tariffs

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been looking at the iPad mini for myself. A lot more friendly in size when compared to the full sized models.

I'm torn between the wifi version to the 3G model tho !

All eyes on 02 releasing more details.
Message 3 of 5

jimthing0
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I'd suggest perhaps get the 3G, as it has additional GPS chip which some apps need in order to work on the device. 

I upgraded to the 3G model when it said on the screen of the wifi one something like "Foo app cannot be downloaded to this device as it uses GPS which this device doesn't have". 

Though it's only a few lesser apps with me, I decided I also wanted the freedom of not tethering. Additionally I didn't want to lose my unlimited (no tethering allowed) iPhone 5 plan, by having to swap to another newer limited data (tethering allowed) version. (Though the price is going up for it next year by c.60p/month O2 have advised me recently — shock horror, blame inflation!). 

PS. BTW, I went with a Three plan, as they have ones that allow you to use the data over THREE months, rather than all the other carriers that only give you your data for a month, before you have to re-pay for it again — whether you used it or not. Seemed best for my usage. 

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
WoW £0.60p increase.

You gonna raise your overdraft to afford it ?

Seriously tho thank you for the heads up JimthingO
Message 5 of 5