cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can no longer afford my phone and want to send it back and cancel contract.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The simple answer is, you can't if you've gone past the 14 day cooling off period. If you took out a Refresh contract, you can pay off what you owe on the phone and that leaves you free to cancel the airtime portion without extra charge. If you can't afford to pay off the phone, you can sell it and use the proceeds towards paying it off.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The simple answer is, you can't if you've gone past the 14 day cooling off period. If you took out a Refresh contract, you can pay off what you owe on the phone and that leaves you free to cancel the airtime portion without extra charge. If you can't afford to pay off the phone, you can sell it and use the proceeds towards paying it off.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The only way you can cavcel is to pay off however much is remaining on your contract.
It is not possible to just walk away I'm afraid.
What contract are you on?
If it's refresh, you only have to pay the phone off, then you can sell the phone to recover some of your money back.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the forum.

When did you take it out ? If under 14 days you can cancel under o2's cooling off period.

If taken out by a 3rd party check With them.

IF you took out refresh then pay off the handset device plan and cancel. One of the terms and conditions of the refresh tariff is that your not supposed to dispose of the hardware until it's paid off ,but I don't think O2 would do anything if you did.

You Could let a trusted person use the SIM card and even change bank accounts so that person pays the bill, however you are still responsible for the payments.

I sorry but you cannot even reduce the monthly payments either.

I hope you find a way that suits you.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you can confirm which tariff, where you got it and how long you've had it we can advise you better, but there is no completely free way out unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5