cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call restricted app

Anonymous
Not applicable
My son always runs his bill too high (and I pay for it ) 02 advised there is an app so I can put a block once he has reached his quota and this can be done from another phone (mine) anyone know of an app?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Personally I'd ask O2 what app they are talking about, but there is also a review of some of the more popular apps here http://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-free-parental-control-software
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd be inclined to give him a pay as you go phone if he keeps doing this & once his credit or allowances run out then he can't use it
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
He's 21, was made redundant a month ago. The phone is on my plan (it worked out cheaper ) he was paying his own bill but while he's job hunting I am paying for it. He has alway run over but it wasn't a problem when he was paying. 02 said (via chat ) there is an app I can put on my phone to Barr outgoing calls when he reached his quota. I have looked in the app store but it confused me!
Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Go back and ask them the name of the app and we'll check it out for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Would moving him to a higher plan not help resolve the issue... Or just cancel and tell him he's on his own
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous how are you getting on with this? Have you found an appropriate app to apply a limit on your sons phone? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 7