cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs with iPhone 4S/iOS 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone seems to spend more time failing than doing anything it should and it's very frustrating. At first it was just my wifi dropping out and then unable to connect to any wireless. After looking at forums I tried soft reset, which works sometimes but not always and usually only temporary fix. I tried the other options too and eventually sent it off with O2 to be fixed. It came back and worked perfectly for about 2 weeks then it all started again. After reading more I decided to update to iOS7 seeing as it was suggested an up to date device could solve the problem. Not so, I still have wifi drop out and now I'm having issues with signal, phone crashing, screen freezing, messaging issues and screens randomly popping up without me doing anything. Has anyone else had this much problem? Apparently I'm out of warranty now so can't replace the phone although I can send it off to be repaired but having already done that I think its pointless to try again. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried everything but eventually they all failed. Going to check with O2/apple about issues.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Try

Settings , general , reset , reset network settings

And

Settings , general , reset , reset all settings

Also maybe a restore via iTunes may help

Just incase do make a back up first.

When prompted set it up as a new device and not from an iCloud or iTunes backup.
Restore your content using the tabs in iTunes.

See an Apple Genius Bar by making an appointment.

http://concierge.apple.com/reservation/gb/en/techsupport/

If they can't help with that model they do offer out of warranty replacements for a fee.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My phone seems to spend more time failing than doing anything it should and it's very frustrating. At first it was just my wifi dropping out and then unable to connect to any wireless. After looking at forums I tried soft reset, which works sometimes but not always and usually only temporary fix. I tried the other options too and eventually sent it off with O2 to be fixed. It came back and worked perfectly for about 2 weeks then it all started again. After reading more I decided to update to iOS7 seeing as it was suggested an up to date device could solve the problem. Not so, I still have wifi drop out and now I'm having issues with signal, phone crashing, screen freezing, messaging issues and screens randomly popping up without me doing anything. Has anyone else had this much problem? Apparently I'm out of warranty now so can't replace the phone although I can send it off to be repaired but having already done that I think its pointless to try again. Any suggestions?

Corrupt software for sure, you need a completely fresh install.

Try this:

(Backup your phone first in itunes or icloud)

1) Plug your phone into computer

2) switch it off

3) press and hold POWER + HOME and count to TEN (in mississippi's haha)

4) release the POWER but keep holding home

5) itunes iwll detect your phone in recovery mode

6) press restore

This is what is known as a DFU mode restore and is the best way to completely reload the software.

After this when setting up feel free to restore from a backup - if you still have the same issues, do the same again but this time do NOT restore from a backup.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok  thanks for advice guys. I've tried the soft resets before so I'll give a full system restore a go and see how we get on.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.

Hope all goes ok.

Just remember to create the back ups first.

I create them both to iCloud and iTunes just to be doubly careful. wink
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried everything but eventually they all failed. Going to check with O2/apple about issues.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you had any joy with your phone. We have no signal or 3G works k in wifi area. All other phones in family work no problem
Message 7 of 7