cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be upfront and Open about iPhones 5 c/s on 4G

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

It would appear that Apple as not offically listed the the iPhone 5c/s for use on on teh O2 4G network -can O2 explain in clear term why this as happen?

My undersanding, something to do with the user setting - Vodafone have manage to sort this issue out, why have O2 not? 

Your offering a fiver off customer billing for 1 month how do you arrive at a fiver why not £2.50 or a tenner?

All this money invested in 4G and you have been unable to ensire user can use the network when product become avaiable. What worse you hide and fail to be honest and upfront. look at teh landing page for O2 there nothing there telling customers their iphone is unlikely to work on 4G when they receive it.

Lee

Message 1 of 35
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you read the Telegraph article that was linked further up in this thread, you'd get an explanation of why there may be a delay.

O2 have been honest about the fact that 4G may not be available straight away and at present I guess they do not know when it will be available. 

It's a good idea to scan down the list of forum topics regarding the new phones as there's already a lot of discussion gone on, and answers provided as people find them out.  I've not yet looked down the list myself but earlier today there was one main post about the phones which I wrote on and which has most, if not all, information so far.

Afraid that every time a new phone is released long term forum members who help out on here find themselves answering the same queries over and over as new people join and rather than check if there is already an answer, start a new post off.  They are all just members of the public who help out on here because they have gained knowledge of O2 and iPhones.

Stick around as you will find this site and the members very helpful.

View solution in original post

Message 28 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Direct your query to 02 officially.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

This is a user to user forum which means you won't get an official response here.
Message 2 of 35

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

look at the sticky about 800dd at the top of this section.

It is apple and not o2 holding thi up

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 35

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93271 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 4 of 35

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/iphone/10303237/O2-4G-delayed-on-iPhone-5S-and-5C.html points the finger at apple again

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
wink

Message 6 of 35

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It's hard to understand how the OP can have been a forum member since July, and not have read the posts where all this has been discussed!

Nothing has been hidden and all you need to know is here.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm in the same frame of mind tbh Perksie.

Fun and hi-jinks maybe are afoot

wink
Message 8 of 35

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Reserved judgement for now.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
I dare you.

If you state it I'll follow !

Lol.

Only Kidding.

Forum etiquette
Message 10 of 35