cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be upfront and Open about iPhones 5 c/s on 4G

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

It would appear that Apple as not offically listed the the iPhone 5c/s for use on on teh O2 4G network -can O2 explain in clear term why this as happen?

My undersanding, something to do with the user setting - Vodafone have manage to sort this issue out, why have O2 not? 

Your offering a fiver off customer billing for 1 month how do you arrive at a fiver why not £2.50 or a tenner?

All this money invested in 4G and you have been unable to ensire user can use the network when product become avaiable. What worse you hide and fail to be honest and upfront. look at teh landing page for O2 there nothing there telling customers their iphone is unlikely to work on 4G when they receive it.

Lee

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe it becuase I am noit a regular visitor to teh forum but I will be now

lee

Message 21 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry is this post directed at me -Im not sure what you my post would be called?

Lee

Message 22 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for teh postive reply

Lee

Message 23 of 35

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
@uklee can you either quote the person you are responding to or use the @ like i did just now as we do not know who you are replying to.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 24 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry I belieevd I had atatched the quotes.

I asked a question and find it regrettable some members go on the attack or border on making personal attacks.

There is nothing on the main 02 web site about these phones requiring some form of patch to work on o2. How many people will know what dd 20 is?

Id rather those with the knowledge edcate me with their knowledge or popint me to a arae where a query is answered.

Lee

Message 25 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

sorry I belieevd I had atatched the quotes.

I asked a question and find it regrettable some members go on the attack or border on making personal attacks.

There is nothing on the main 02 web site about these phones requiring some form of patch to work on o2. How many people will know what dd 20 is?

Id rather those with the knowledge edcate me with their knowledge or popint me to a arae where a query is answered.

Lee

Nothing has been officially confimed as of yet im afraid.

Pure speculation at this point.

Message 26 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry guys to appear so dam thick but there really is nothing alerting customers to the possible issues in conencting to 4G on the o2 page.

If O2 are to have the connection issues resloved by the time these phone are released it doesnt make sense they are offering a discount on customer bills (those that move across to a 4G tarriff) pure speculation but it leads me think the patch wont be in place in time? I really hope it is.

Probably never know but how is it that Vodafone as everything in place and O2 don't. O2 as been a Apple partner for a very long time.

Lee

Message 27 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you read the Telegraph article that was linked further up in this thread, you'd get an explanation of why there may be a delay.

O2 have been honest about the fact that 4G may not be available straight away and at present I guess they do not know when it will be available. 

It's a good idea to scan down the list of forum topics regarding the new phones as there's already a lot of discussion gone on, and answers provided as people find them out.  I've not yet looked down the list myself but earlier today there was one main post about the phones which I wrote on and which has most, if not all, information so far.

Afraid that every time a new phone is released long term forum members who help out on here find themselves answering the same queries over and over as new people join and rather than check if there is already an answer, start a new post off.  They are all just members of the public who help out on here because they have gained knowledge of O2 and iPhones.

Stick around as you will find this site and the members very helpful.

Message 28 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for your very postive constructive reply DAW.

How comes O2 was left behind so to speak being they have been a aprtner with Apple for many years - Vodafone ready to go.

I see the pre orders are now informing anyone ordering there may be a delay - O2 have said weeks 😞

You'll be able to connect to the O2 4G network on iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c in a few weeks. We'll let you know when it's on.
When you buy iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c on our 4G tariff, you'll get £5 off your bill for the first month. Until then, you can still
use all the data that comes with our 4G tariff and enjoy enhanced versions of O2 Tracks and Priority Sports on our 3G network

Lee

Message 29 of 35

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23543 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks so much for your very postive constructive reply DAW.

How comes O2 was left behind so to speak being they have been a aprtner with Apple for many years - Vodafone ready to go.

I see the pre orders are now informing anyone ordering there may be a delay - O2 have said weeks 😞

You'll be able to connect to the O2 4G network on iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c in a few weeks. We'll let you know when it's on.
When you buy iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c on our 4G tariff, you'll get £5 off your bill for the first month. Until then, you can still
use all the data that comes with our 4G tariff and enjoy enhanced versions of O2 Tracks and Priority Sports on our 3G network

Lee

As stated in several previous posts in this thread, your question needs to be put to Apple, not O2, as it's Apple who have caused the delay.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 30 of 35