Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch

SBaiasu
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have seen this issue raised here by other members, and they were able to sort it out. I wonder whether anybody can help me too, please. I had an Apple watch (series 3) registered with O2 with a data plan. I accidentally damaged the watch two weeks ago or so, and purchased another one (refurbished, series 5 from Music Magpie). I unpaired the first, tried to pair the second, but I am told that "This Apple Watch does not support O2 mobile data in this region". I have been in touch since via chat and phone both with customer representatives and engineers from O2 and there seems to be no suggestion of how this can be solved (although I could see other members having had this problem before and solved it). The latest was a call from an engineer, who said they would check whether the watch is cellular and they will call me, if necessary - but no word on how the issue will be solved. Many thanks!

PS Just had another call from the O2 engineer - apparently the watch model shows it is a US watch, so it will not work with O2. It seems I need to return it, unless I am told otherwise here.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@SBaiasu 

I would agree with the engineer.

A US watch won't work on O2 UK

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

SBaiasu
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just had another call from the O2 engineer - apparently the watch model shows it is a US watch, so it will not work with O2. It seems I need to return it, unless I am told otherwise here.
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@SBaiasu 

I would agree with the engineer.

A US watch won't work on O2 UK

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

SBaiasu
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
OK, many thanks for letting me know.
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5